Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton Athletic 1-0 Leyton Orient

many thanks to the 93 Lifers who gave marks
The averages for the ineligible players were:
Camará: 7.17
Hector  : 6.47
Kirk.     : 5.38
Edun.   : 6.97

Comments

• Options
    Nice one LL, although I think it was Fraser who got booked rather than Dobbo.
    Yes you are right, I'll amend in the morning 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Ness’s lowest position in the players ranking I suspect. 
    I think he’ll improve from there. 
  • Options
    No idea how Fraser ranked so highly. 6 would be an average performance. He'd need to climb out of Pratley's pocket to put on an average display. The game almost entirely passed him by. Similarly for Campbell I don't think he did too much to cheer about. They were well marked by Orient.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    He got 3 or 4 lower last season including a 4.97.

Good prospect clearly but I think his absence turned him from that to the finished product in some peoples mind.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    No idea how Fraser ranked so highly. 6 would be an average performance. He'd need to climb out of Pratley's pocket to put on an average display. The game almost entirely passed him by. Similarly for Campbell I don't think he did too much to cheer about. They were well marked by Orient.
    As soon as Pratley went off and Camara came on, Fraser was able to show what he can do a bit more. While Pratley was on man-marking him, Charlton were able to comfortably dominate possession, because Orient's gameplan was just to stop us, with nothing going forward. To state that Fraser deserves less than what's already the lowest mark is absurd; his very presence forced Orient to play a certain way that benefitted us, and it's not like he did anything glaringly wrong.
  • Options
    The whole 'Pratley's pocket' thing is such overrated guff. Whoop de do there's a player who tenaciously sets about stopping one of the opposition without doing anything constructive at all. George Dobson is so far clear it's ridiculous (and Terry Taylor looks like he'll be likewise). I hope we never have a player like Pratley ever again, he's a relic
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    He got 3 or 4 lower last season including a 4.97.

Good prospect clearly but I think his absence turned him from that to the finished product in some peoples mind.
    Lowest position, not lowest score. Of course I could be wrong about that, but I’m very rarely wrong about anything. 😄
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The whole 'Pratley's pocket' thing is such overrated guff. Whoop de do there's a player who tenaciously sets about stopping one of the opposition without doing anything constructive at all. George Dobson is so far clear it's ridiculous (and Terry Taylor looks like he'll be likewise). I hope we never have a player like Pratley ever again, he's a relic
    Don't think anyone would disagree. Both can be right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    It’s all subjective Daz, Personally I think May has been marked too high (touched the ball just 24 times and was offside 5 times) in comparison to others, but we all see things differently. 
    I'd agree on May too, I suppose at least he had work rate and even came back to help midfield. 

I think Fraser will smash it this season, but this game he almost didn't exist before being kicked in the air. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I gave May 7.5 with the comment ‘Love the energy!’  
    Could easily have scored two, and great the way he set up his left foot volley (foiled only by a top save). 
    His relentless closing down of opposition players including their keeper was an example for others. 
    More energy expended by May in ten minutes than by some others we’ve had up top in 90.
    Perhaps 0.5 of the mark was a ‘Welcome to Charlton’ bonus, but he did what I want to see from my strikers; worked hard, got into good positions, looked decent on the ball, and were it not for pickpocket Dobbo and a top save, would have scored on his debut. 
  • Options
    In the stats you can see some of our problems.
    Pass successes 77%, tackles won 11 to Orients 21, dispossessed 16 times to Orients 6.

• Options
    msomerton said:
    In the stats you can see some of our problems.
    Pass successes 77%, tackles won 11 to Orients 21, dispossessed 16 times to Orients 6.

We had higher pass success percentages when we used to pass it backwards and forwards between the back four all game, so not too bothered about that.
    Don't mind a few balls played over the top. You only need one to come off to score, and although you're giving the ball away much of the time, at least it's not in dangerous areas. Ness (or whoever) just needs to put a bit more check and side on the ball. 
    The dispossession stats aren't great, but I think the two youngsters were caught in possession quite a bit. At least it was when trying to move forward, to create chances.
    Orient are obviously good at tackling. I think Pratley won a fair few of them.
  • Options
    Can't see why people moan about May's offsides. They all were when he was making dangerous runs, not from idling back lazily. If the balls were played a bit quicker.......
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I liked Pratley for quite a few games in championship season but I don’t want him back.