Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League 2023/2024

Lovely opener of a goal from Southampton!!

Hopefully stops the Wendy love-in for five minutes

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Not a bad first goal of the season.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    1-0 Southampton will do nicely in the prediction league thank you. 
  • Options
    Saints looking very good, and a great goal as well!
  • Options
    Looks like being a long night for Wednesday if the first 15 mins is anything to go by.
  • Options
    Amazed Burnley didn’t buy Tella
  • Options
    saints taken total control of this game after a rocky first 3 mins.
  • Options
    Russel Martin plays good football. Swansea just didn’t have the players last season.
  • Options
    How is Ward-Prowse still there?
  • Options
    Southampton look a class apart going forward. Ward-Prowse pulling the strings in midfield and with his dead ball brilliance, Alcaraz with his creativity, Tella and Edozie, with their skill and pace both look unstoppable at times and Adam Armstrong is back at the level where he scored a goal every other game for Blackburn. Having said that, Wednesday will probably end up winning!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How thick do you have to be, to kick the ball away when you've just seen someone getting booked for it!!
  • Options
    Great to see yellow cards are being handed out for time wasting how minimal it is. Kicking the ball away stops the flow of the game and a potential quick free kick. Hopefully, they will do the same to anyone who stands in front of the ball too.   
  • Options
    Too good for the Championship.
  • Options
    Southampton want £50m. Hope he's happy to stay if they don't get it.
  • Options
    Looks big levels between Saints and Wednesday. Need Wednesday to have 3 shots on target for my bet, and wrote that off already! 
  • Options
    West Ham look like the only option at the moment. Got a couple of West Ham mates and they are fuming with the board. No signings despite prem and Europe money. JWP, McTominay and maguire are the ones they want.
  • Options
    Russel Martin plays good football. Swansea just didn’t have the players last season.
    No plan B I hear.
  • Options
    That's what my son said. No idea how much Saints would want or even if Burnley inquired. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    That's what my son said. No idea how much Saints would want or even if Burnley inquired. 
    Considering they spent £19m on a striker from the Swiss league as well. 
  • Options
    Saints will lose two or three before the close of the window you’d imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They still have a very strong bench and you’d imagine they’ll raid the best players in the league as replacements. Them and Leicester should cruise this league.
  • Options
    Got a feeling Leeds will win the Championship this year on the basis that Leicester/Saints are more likely to lose big names before the window is up. 

Saints do look a class apart though. Its like watching Garnerball, but with players born to play it. 
  • Options
    They still have a very strong bench and you’d imagine they’ll raid the best players in the league as replacements. Them and Leicester should cruise this league.
    Aribo for one. Surprised he hasn't made a impact there 
  • Options
    Leicester have lost Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu and Evans. I appreciate that they've signed three or four players too but they've lost a lot of creativity there. Equally, I can't help thinking that the bookies making Vardy joint favourite in the top goalscorer market is taking the michael a bit - it's a bit like the joke about Ringo Starr not even being the best drummer in the Beatles - as he's not even certain to be top scorer for Leicester this season. They have Daka and Iheanacho and Vardy is 36 now and only started 20 and 19 games respectively in the last two seasons.  
  • Options
    Football eh
  • Options
    Leicester have lost Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu and Evans. I appreciate that they've signed three or four players too but they've lost a lot of creativity there. Equally, I can't help thinking that the bookies making Vardy joint favourite in the top goalscorer market is taking the michael a bit - it's a bit like the joke about Ringo Starr not even being the best drummer in the Beatles - as he's not even certain to be top scorer for Leicester this season. They have Daka and Iheanacho and Vardy is 36 now and only started 20 and 19 games respectively in the last two seasons.  
    True but defences win leagues and Faes Cody Thomas Justin should be very strong.
  • Options
    Yup... First goal of many I'll no doubt miss from watching on the telly this season
  • Options
    He’s a Southampton boy isn’t he? Doubt he’s pushed a move too much. 
  • Options
    3k Soton fans
    209 mile Friday night live on telly 
    imagine ….. nah nor can I , could never happen 
  • Options
    He’s a Southampton boy isn’t he? Doubt he’s pushed a move too much. 
    Think it depends if he still has international aspirations. Not many players get picked for England when playing in the Championship.