Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton’s 2023/24 squad numbers have been confirmed

2023/24 squad numbers in full:

1. Ashley Maynard-Brewer (gk)

2. Lloyd Jones

3. Terell Thomas

4. George Dobson

5. Lucas Ness

6. Michael Hector

7. Diallang Jaiyesimi

8. Panutche Camará

9. Alfie May

10. Scott Fraser

11. Miles Leaburn

12. Terry Taylor

14. Charlie Kirk

15. Aaron Henry

16. Conor McGrandles

17. Tayo Edun

18. Mandela Egbo

19. Jack Payne

20. Tyreece Campbell

21. Harry Isted (gk)

22. Chuks Aneke

23. Corey Blackett-Taylor

24. Zach Mitchell

26. Deji Elerewe

28. Richard Chin

29. Daniel Kanu

31. Henry Molyneux (gk)

32. Nathan Asiimwe

33. Karoy Anderson

34. Jeremy Santos

35. Nazir Bakrin

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/202324-mens-squad-numbers-confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Nothing too upsetting there for once. I'm side-eyeing Jones a bit but other than that my petty outrage-ometer is barely flickering. This will be a good season
  • Options
    Jaiyesimi 7?
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Jaiyesimi 7?
    Don't suppose it'll be long before it's vacant. 
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Jaiyesimi 7?
    Those in possession, retain. Seems fair.

That said, Leaburn and May should definitely be swapped around, given their playstyles
  • Options
    Should return the number 10 to it’s rightful owner Chuks Aneke 
  • Options
    DJ on 7 might be worse than Albie was on 10.

2 and 3 as centre backs is also quite painful to look at, especially 2, Christ. I think a centreback having 2 is on par with a right back having 3 or left back with a 2.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    jakecafc said:
    Jaiyesimi 7?

That said, Leaburn and May should definitely be swapped around, given their playstyles
    I'm willing to accept it because 352 has no respect for squad number discipline. Really May should have taken 10, Leaburn 9 and Fraser should have kept his grubby hands to himself. Campbell can then have 11
  • Options
    Jayesimi was 7 last season before we shipped him out on loan so that's no surprise. 

Maldini wore 3, so no issues with centre backs wearing it IMO 
  • Options
    Hector probably had first dibs on the 6 shirt, surprised Ness got the 5. Otherwise its players choice most of the time 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Jayesimi was 7 last season before we shipped him out on loan so that's no surprise. 

Maldini wore 3, so no issues with centre backs wearing it IMO 
    To be fair though, Maldini started out as a left back so him wearing the 3 makes a bit more sense, theres an argument that he's one of the best left backs and centre backs of all time. 

Should have been Tayos number all day unless he is thinking about claiming that 7 when DJ leaves, which will probably piss on my chips even more haha 
  • Options
    Can not see why people are getting carried away with the prospects this season with a squad like that.  Very average ,what am I missing?

• Options
    Anderson, Mitchell, Campbell I can understand. Leaburn and Maynard-Brewer will improve once again this season. The others just blend into one another for me. 

We would struggle to move any of them on for a transfer.

Just brought May so I trust he is as good as people say he is. We wait to see. 

Hope afew more better players are brought in before window closes. 

Sorry that’s how I feel.
  • Options
    Anderson, Mitchell, Campbell I can understand. Leaburn and Maynard-Brewer will improve once again this season. The others just blend into one another for me. 

Sorry that’s how I feel.
    I know exactly what you mean, in all likelihood we are going to start 8 outfield players that were here last season tomorrow.  That is too many.  I said the same after the Accrington game last season.

I know there is a couple not yet ready and the window is still open.  I fully expect us to look completely different in 3 or 4 weeks time.  But I can't get excited yet.
  • Options
    ^^^^ agree
  • Options
    Has Jacob Roddy gone?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Sorry that’s how I feel.
    I know exactly what you mean, in all likelihood we are going to start 8 outfield players that were here last season tomorrow.  That is too many.  I said the same after the Accrington game last season.

I know there is a couple not yet ready and the window is still open.  I fully expect us to look completely different in 3 or 4 weeks time.  But I can't get excited yet.
    It's not the worst 8 though at least. Well, mostly. It could be AMB or Isted but I'm probably one of the most sceptical about AMB and I still think he's a good prospect. Keeping Hector was a coup, Ness is developing well, Dobson and Fraser are two of our better players. Egbo is pretty much starting fresh this season so it's just CBT, a good player out of position and Kirk who are on the more worrying end. Compare that to last season when we started 8 players from the previous season but they were Clare, Inniss, Morgan, DJ and Stockley as well as CBT, Fraser and Dobson. At the very least I'd say the old faces this season are a level above the last couple of years.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    jakecafc said:
    Jaiyesimi 7?

I'm willing to accept it because 352 has no respect for squad number discipline. Really May should have taken 10, Leaburn 9 and Fraser should have kept his grubby hands to himself. Campbell can then have 11
    I maybe mistaken but Miles may have taken his dads number? 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Leuth said:
    jakecafc said:
    Jaiyesimi 7?

I maybe mistaken but Miles may have taken his dads number? 🤷‍♂️
    I wondered the same a the start of pre-season when I saw Miles was wearing 11. As far as I can tell Carl wore 8, 9 and 10 for us but not 11.
  • Options
    Has Jacob Roddy gone?
    He's still shown on the under 21s page. He did have a number in the friendlies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    15 now available for the season.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    15 now available for the season.
    You would have thought Henry would insist on 14.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Sorry that’s how I feel.

It's not the worst 8 though at least. Well, mostly. It could be AMB or Isted but I'm probably one of the most sceptical about AMB and I still think he's a good prospect. Keeping Hector was a coup, Ness is developing well, Dobson and Fraser are two of our better players. Egbo is pretty much starting fresh this season so it's just CBT, a good player out of position and Kirk who are on the more worrying end. Compare that to last season when we started 8 players from the previous season but they were Clare, Inniss, Morgan, DJ and Stockley as well as CBT, Fraser and Dobson. At the very least I'd say the old faces this season are a level above the last couple of years.
    There is also no JRS.  

I am firmly it will be alright in the end camp, but it's certainly not alright now.
  • Options
    DJ on 7 might be worse than Albie was on 10.

2 and 3 as centre backs is also quite painful to look at, especially 2, Christ. I think a centreback having 2 is on par with a right back having 3 or left back with a 2.

I give you Stuart Balmer wearing 1.
  • Options
    They are just squad numbers - players have favoured numbers, some get the number they want, some don’t, some don’t give a shit.