Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated squad list - 2 August 2023

edited August 2023 in General Charlton

First Team

Goalkeepers

Harry Isted 2025 (+1 year option)

Ashley Maynard-Brewer 2026

Right Backs

Nathan Asiimwe Unknown

Mandela Egbo 2024 (+1 year option)

Centre Backs

Deji Elerewe 2024

Lloyd Jones 2025

Zach Mitchell 2025

Lucas Ness 2024

Michael Hector 2024

Terell Thomas 2024

Left Backs

Tayo Edun 2025 (+1 year option)

Richard Chin 2024

Central Midfielders

Karoy Anderson 2024

Panutche Camara 2024 (1 year loan from Ipswich)

George Dobson 2024

Scott Fraser 2025

Aaron Henry 2025 (+1 year option) Joined Crawley on season loan

Conor McGrandles 2025

Terry Taylor 2026

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers

Corey Blackett-Taylor 2024

Tyreece Campbell Unknown

Diallang Jaiyesimi 2024

Charlie Kirk 2025

Jack Payne 2024

Strikers

Chuks Aneke 2025

Daniel Kanu 2024

Miles Leaburn 2025

Alfie May 2025 (+1 year option)

U21 Squad

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Nazir Bakrin 2024

Toby Bower Unknown

Matt Dench 2024

Ollie Hobden Unknown

Josh Laqeretabua Unknown

Jacob Roddy 2024

Seydil Toure 2024

Midfielders/Wingers

Jason Adigun 2024

Kai Enslin Unknown

Keenan Gough Unknown

Ryan Huke 2024

Sahid Kamara Unknown

Harvey Kedwell Unknown

Henry Rylah 2026

Euan Williams 2024

Jeremy Santos 2024

Strikers

Patrick Casey Unknown

Tolu Ladapo 2024

Chibike Okechukwu Unknown

Ryan Viggars 2024

Comments

• Options
    I imagine Henry Molyneux is one of our development keepers btw? Or is there a difference in age group there sorry
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I imagine Henry Molyneux is one of our development keepers btw? Or is there a difference in age group there sorry
    Still "only" academy possibly - I don't think he's signed a pro contract yet? I could be wrong there though. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Turned 18 in June so would think so based on that, but I haven’t seen confirmation of him signing a pro deal. Anyone heard anything on that?

https://www.charltonafc.com/player/179
  • Options
    Don't think Molyneux or Batt have signed a pro deal yet. Would expect them to both be mainly fighting over the U18 starting spot, with someone signed to play for the U21s, seems like it could be the Keeper we have on trial at the moment, Prince Adegoke.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Looking at the first team squad, hard to take in that Chuks STILL has another two years left on his contract...2025 🙄...deep joy!!....so still another half a dozen appearances in him
  • Options
    Looking at the first team squad, hard to take in that Chuks STILL has another two years left on his contract...2025 🙄...deep joy!!....so still another half a dozen appearances in him
    Look at the positives... So does Kirk
  • Options
    DJ, Kirk (unless he gets the serious kick up the jacksie he appears to need and becomes the player we thought we were buying), Henry, Payne, possibly Chucks and Kanu all seem below the standard (of fitness in Chucks case) we need. Can't see them all going and six arriving to replace them unless we're going to exploit the loan market.
  • Options
    DJ, Kirk (unless he gets the serious kick up the jacksie he appears to need and becomes the player we thought we were buying), Henry, Payne, possibly Chucks and Kanu all seem below the standard (of fitness in Chucks case) we need. Can't see them all going and six arriving to replace them unless we're going to exploit the loan market.
    Looking at the size of the squad I don’t think we’d need to replace all of them to have a balanced squad.
  • Options
    Good to see we have secured Chuk's services to 2025
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why's a centre back got 2?

I don't think you can read too much into these, but if you were to: AMB over Isted?  McGrandles staying given he's been given a new number?  Although it's higher so who knows.
  • Options

I don't think you can read too much into these, but if you were to: AMB over Isted?  McGrandles staying given he's been given a new number?  Although it's higher so who knows.
    Better than when Clint Dempsey, a striker, had 2. Or William Gallas, a CB, had 10.
  • Options
    Bob Bolder our Goalkeeper used to wear number 2. I've given up getting annoyed that players have the wrong numbers anymore.
  • Options
    I was most upset that Mambo wasn't number 5. I bet the poor bloke is sick of hearing that though.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Better than when Clint Dempsey, a striker, had 2. Or William Gallas, a CB, had 10.
    Unless I'm imagining things (which is entirely possible), didn't Stuart Balmer wear number 1 one season (presumably when Bob Bolder was number 2) ?
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Ross said:

Unless I'm imagining things (which is entirely possible), didn't Stuart Balmer wear number 1 one season (presumably when Bob Bolder was number 2) ?
    Yes, first season of squad numbers and the club decided to do them alphabetically. So we ended up with some very random number and position combinations.
  • Options
    Or when Ossie had number 1 at the 1982 World Cup...
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Bump - any chance of a new one of these? :-)