Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Announcers

I noticed for the Aberdeen friendly that instead of either Brian Cole or Charlotee Richardson as pitchside announcer we had Sky Sport's Dickie Davis (not no that one!) which I thought was a bit odd. Do we know if that was a 'one off' or a more permanent fixture. As 'professional' as he was, he did lack passion or feeling. Anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    HRBryan said:
    I noticed for the Aberdeen friendly that instead of either Brian Cole or Charlotee Richardson as pitchside announcer we had Sky Sport's Dickie Davis (not no that one!) which I thought was a bit odd. Do we know if that was a 'one off' or a more permanent fixture. As 'professional' as he was, he did lack passion or feeling. Anyone know?
    No idea, sorry.
  • Options
    If Brian Cole is gone, does that mean the crossbar challenge is gone too? D:
  • Options
    HRBryan said:
    I can't imagine a "full time" sports presenter/reporter becoming our match announcer. I assume Brian was on holiday, and I think Charlotte is working on the women's World Cup.
  • Options
    Haven’t Sky Sports ditched a load of its presenters. Think I read that Bianca Westwood had gone so maybe Dickie Davis is part of that cull?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Does he own the IP? 
  • Options
    Just asked my son who does the music on matchdays and he said....."don't have a clue". But Brian Cole will be back on Saturday. Nothing mysterious he says - probably just on holiday.

Son also says that there has been a request from Holden to have Valley Floyd Road played just before the teams come out (and before RRR) and definitely NO Addicks to Victory.

HTH.
    Valley Floyd road? Or mull of kintyre?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I saw a different half time challenge on YouTube the other day. Someone kicking the ball from the edge of the penalty area towards the half way line with the idea of trying to get it to stop dead on the centre circle. The YT clip showed it being done - but is harder than hitting the crossbar I would have thought. 
  • Options
    Red Red Robin sounded really loud on Saturday. Is it always like that in the posher West Stand, where they have new fangled kit like loud speakers, or are we in for this aural treat wherever we sit in the ground now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just asked my son who does the music on matchdays and he said....."don't have a clue". But Brian Cole will be back on Saturday. Nothing mysterious he says - probably just on holiday.

Son also says that there has been a request from Holden to have Valley Floyd Road played just before the teams come out (and before RRR) and definitely NO Addicks to Victory.

HTH.
    Does he take requests Golfie?

Any chance of a bit of House Of Pain, you know just to get us ready for the season ahead!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I saw a different half time challenge on YouTube the other day. Someone kicking the ball from the edge of the penalty area towards the half way line with the idea of trying to get it to stop dead on the centre circle. The YT clip showed it being done - but is harder than hitting the crossbar I would have thought. 
    That would be really difficult! 

I do think people should get three shots for the crossbar challenge.
  • Options
    I maybe wrong but I thought I saw a post from BC on FB away on holiday 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Change the crossbar challenge to score direct from a corner
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Pre match musts:

London Calling…

Into The Valley…

Jump Around…

Mull of Kintyre…

Republica…

The Cardigans..
  • Options
    Ask CM and he'll probably add Sandstorm, Kernkraft 400 and some Faithless to the playlist
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Ask CM and he'll probably add Sandstorm, Kernkraft 400 and some Faithless to the playlist
    Wouldn’t be against Zombie Nation being added to the rotation..
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    That would be really difficult! 

I do think people should get three shots for the crossbar challenge.
    christ its boring enough now!
    No way , it’s been the highlight in recent seasons , as we do the impossible and manage to find someone worse who can’t kick a ball for toffee , we must have the worst footballing supporters in the world , a proper parade of shitness 
  • Options
    Makes no difference who announces or what is played if you are in the North Upper. You can't make out a thing.
    Its probably a good thing, but I had no idea what Addicts to Victory sounded like. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes no difference who announces or what is played if you are in the North Upper. You can't make out a thing.
    Its probably a good thing, but I had no idea what Addicts to Victory sounded like. 
    I see you took up the option of the premium seat offer, the cheap seats had it played on a loop in Dolby atmos 😉
  • Options
    If we draw or lose a single game this season and I don't hear Theme For Great Cities as I file miserably out, I'm contacting the club
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If we draw or lose a single game this season and I don't hear Theme For Great Cities as I file miserably out, I'm contacting the club
    I only discovered that banger thanks to Charlton, so the last 10 years haven't been entirely wasted.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Red Red Robin sounded really loud on Saturday. Is it always like that in the posher West Stand, where they have new fangled kit like loud speakers, or are we in for this aural treat wherever we sit in the ground now?
    West is best - as it should be :)
  • Options
    It's just we turn our hearing aids to maximum in the west upper.
  • Options
    Mull of Kintyre needs to be played at x3 speed to be in line with how the upper north sing it
  • Options
    The bloke against Aberdeen was poor. When announcing the players he lost a lot of first and second names when looking away from the microphone, and it was too quiet what we did get.
    Not impressed that he couldn’t get the basics right.