Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Orient

Assuming a 3-5-2, Edun and Taylor not being ready for starts, and no further signings that can slot in…

What’s your starting XI for Orient?

Comments

• Options
    Not the one that started today 
  • Options
    AMB

Jones - Hector - Thomas

Egbo Camara Dobson Fraser CBT

May Campbell 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Agree with Callum

AMB

Jones - Hector - Thomas

Asiimwe - Camara - Dobson - Fraser - CBT

May - Campbell

Bench: Isted | Edun | Ness | Anderson | Payne | Kirk | Kanu
  • Options
    Agree with Callum

AMB

Jones - Hector - Thomas

May - Campbell
  • Options
    If Edun is unavailable we should play 433
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Yep, same as Callum for me. Campbell in for Kirk, and Thomas in for Ness.
  • Options
    4 3 3 .. Maynard B .. Egbo Hector Thomas Edun .. Dobson Fraser Camara .. Anderson May Blackett-Taylor

Nothing too fancy .. Anderson has been scoring goals, let him have a bash while his confidence must be high
  • Options
    Agree with Callum

AMB

Jones - Hector - Thomas

May - Campbell
    This 
  • Options
    If we go into the season with CBT as a wing back we are in trouble

He can't defend, its simple

If we want CBT to play we need to go 4-4-2

Asiime RB
    Edun LB
    Hector and Jones CB

Kirk and CBT wide Dobbo and Fraser in the middle

May and ? Upfront

No idea who starts in goal as both look suspect atm

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    AMB

Jones - Hector - Thomas

Egbo- Camara - Dobson - Lanzini - Edun

May - Campbell
  • Options
    This would be my Richie Wellens Leyton Orient team.

Kirk
    Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk
    Kirk Pratley Kirk Kirk
    Kirk Kirk.

• Options
    If 352 then same as Callum as I put on the match thread.

However if I was in charge and looking at my squad as it is, I'd start the season 433 and play

Maynard-Brewer
    Egbo Hector Jones Thomas
    Fraser Dobson Camara
    Campbell May Blackett-Taylor

With Isted, Asiimwe, Ness, Anderson, McGrandles, Payne, Kanu/Kirk on the bench. 

• Options
    CBT has to start. Have people not been watching him in the last few games?
  • Options
    Assuming Edun won't be fit, and we don't have a left back. 433

Isted 
    Asiimwe Hector Jones Thomas 
    Karoy Dobbo Fraser 
    Campbell May CBT

Camara needs to be managed clearly, he isn't ready for 90 mins yet, Karoy and Asiimwe are fearless on that right hand side and sync well, Campbell has to be on the pitch but I can't see him taking CBTs spot who remains our most dangerous attacker. 

It's not ideal but I genuinely don't see another way, if we play 5 at the back and put wingers at wingback again we are gonna get dusted, Leyton Orient are going to be well up for it and going to give us a really hard game, got 1-1 written all over it imo.
  • Options
    Assuming Edun won't be fit, and we don't have a left back. 433

Isted
    Asiimwe Hector Jones Thomas 
    Karoy Dobbo Fraser 
    Campbell May CBT

Camara needs to be managed clearly, he isn't ready for 90 mins yet, Karoy and Asiimwe are fearless on that right hand side and sync well, Campbell has to be on the pitch but I can't see him taking CBTs spot who remains our most dangerous attacker. 

It's not ideal but I genuinely don't see another way, if we play 5 at the back and put wingers at wingback again we are gonna get dusted, Leyton Orient are going to be well up for it and going to give us a really hard game, got 1-1 written all over it imo.
    I like that but with AMB for keeper: he was crucial today, and Isted has been a bit wobbly in some of the preseason.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Tbf probably setting myself up for tomato's here but I would rather get a different keeper in general. Last keeper I truly felt confident in was Amos because of his size and stature. I think it's important to have a keeper that is commanding and has a presence, feel like Dillon and Amos both had that. McG, Wollacott, AMB and Isted are all on the small side for me or lack the confidence to be a proper number 1 

When they come out I just don't trust them to claim the ball and none have been vocal or commanded their defense. I am giving Isted the benefit of the doubt as he has a bit more pedigree than AMB and is meant to be a lot better than he has shown, I don't rate AMB as no.1 right now. 

I actually think we have a bit of a leadership issue in general, not many experienced heads in the side. Fraser is quite vocal, our captain doesn't do much from a leadership point of view, but tbf to George he leads with his gameplay. 

I think we need some strong characters who have a bit about them, Alfie May is a real live wire and gets stuck in, CBT dribbles with a real confidence about him, we need more of that from players in their other roles.

I just look at that Santos from Bolton and think, why can't we have a centre back like that. They picked him up from Barnet, there has to be better players knocking about 
  • Options
    Same as Muttley but until Taylor, Leaburn, Edun, Camará, Jones, have time to be fit to play 90 minutes then August could be similar to the last two seasons.
    I'm confident that we will get there and be  back in the Championship 👏
    But probably 24/25 😤

I like Dean Holden and want him to work it out that wingers as wing backs don't cut it at Cafc. Get fit soon Tayo Edun.

In 24/ 25 which will be five years since the silly words of Thomas Sandgaard which bizarrely was believed by the masses who ordered ST in vast numbers.
    I just can't change on my prediction now after the  statement from TS that 5 years we will be playing European football.
  • Options
    For me

AMB

Jones - Hector - Thomas

May - Campbell
    For me, another other answer is just wrong.

Ness not comfortable left centre back of a 3 and still has got to learn some key things. Campbell is so much better than Kirk, and Asiimwe starting the last 2 ahead of Egbo says he’s in front of him right now. 

Anderson deserves a place in the squad so would hope he’s included. Will be interesting to see if Taylor or Edun are on the bench at all next week. Would hope we bring in a striker this week too, but that seems unlikely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    This would be my Richie Wellens Leyton Orient team.

Kirk
    Kirk Kirk Kirk Kirk
    Kirk Pratley Kirk Kirk
    Kirk Kirk.

Captain Kirk ?
  • Options
    Agree with Callum

AMB

Jones - Hector - Thomas

May - Campbell
    This has to be the starters for the weekend for me however I feel sorry for Anderson as after his pre season I think he should feel hard done by not getting the start. I think Camara starts and Anderson replaces him after 60 mins