Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Bart-Williams RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP CBW Very sad to hear this. Thoughts with all his loved ones x
  • Options
    RIP Chris. Thoughts are with your family
  • Options
    Far too young. 

A player I always liked even before he joined us. 

RIP
  • Options
    Sad day indeed yesterday RIP CBW and to Trevor Francis.
  • Options
    RIP. One of my absolute first footballing memories was watching MOTD at the end of the 1998/9 season when Forest and Charlton battled the drop. Distinctly recall being impressed by him scoring a goal even though Forest were already relegated. The name stuck in my head and when we eventually signed him was well chuffed
  • Options
    Shocked by this, I was thinking he can't be that old when I saw the headline.

RIP Chris.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Awful awful news! A stalwart of 90s football! May Chris and Trevor both rest in piece! Both taken far too young! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. No age at all. 
  • Options
    Heard this on the radio while in the car this morning. Very sad. RIP CBW
  • Options
    Very sad news. 29th January 2002, I picked up 12 year old Ms Lat from school and took her to her first evening game at The Valley, home vs Derby County. CBW scored his first CAFC goal, a 79th winner from a free kick. I’ve just watched the highlights, he sprayed some excellent passes around that night. Carpe Diem lifers. 
    RIP Chris Bart Williams 
  • Options
    I remember him from a documentary (About Ipswich? Was he on loan from us?) He was obviously a massive character and they all loved him. 

RIP
  • Options
    Terrible new - RIP
  • Options
    So sad and so young. :'( Seemed such a lovely guy too. Thoughts with his family and friends. R.I.P <3
  • Options
    RIP Chris 
  • Options
    Just heard about CBW death by the Presenter on ITV before the WC match.
    I thought she was going to say Trevor Francis but said about Chris first. A shock at only 49.
    Many on this forum are older than that and it makes you aware of your own mortality. 

RIP to Chris Bart-Williams and condolences to family and close friends.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far too young. RIP.
  • Options
    Gosh, RIP. Took a mean free kick if i recall. 
  • Options
    I couldn't believe it when I heard the news overnight.

Desperately sad.

Far too young to die.

RIP 
  • Options
    That's very sad. RIP Chris.
  • Options
    Sad day. RIP
  • Options
    Rest Easy Chris 
  • Options
    Very sad.  Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends 
  • Options
    another shock .. decent player, I saw him play for us (of course) and against us, always seemed a 'gentlemanly' footballer .. he's died at far too young an age .. R I P