Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Hince RIP

A former Charlton forward who made 24 appearances for us in the 67/68 & 68/69 seasons scoring 2 goals, died yesterday aged 78.
https://www.mancity.com/news/club/paul-hince-obituary-63825697

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tributes-pour-following-death-city-27378641

Comments

• Options
    Rest Easy Paul
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I actually remember him as a player for us.
    A very small player, I think one of his two goals was an absolute screamer.
    I think he might've fallen out with Eddie Firmani, but he went on to have a long journalistic career.
    RIP Paul.
    Rip. Particularly remember him as MEN's long term correspondent for Oldham.
  • Options
    Part of the squad that began a lifetime of supporting CAFC.
    RIP.
  • Options
    Sat on wall signing autographs and drawing funny faces on team photo. 
    Have a picture of him against Bolton at The Valley see if I can find it .

RIP Paul .
  • Options
    RIP Paul
  • Options
    Paul was a right winger who made 17 league appearances for us in the 67/68 season when we finished 15th in Div 2, scoring twice. The following season when we just missed out on promotion, he made six appearances, facing fierce competition for a place in a favoured front six of Alan Campbell, Keith Peacock, Matt Tees, Ray Treacy, Harry Gregory and Graham Moore. 

RIP Paul
  • Options
    RIP Paul
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Paul. I remember him playing for us well, having been signed from Man City. I am sure @sethplum is right - one of his goals was a screamer. 
  • Options
    RIP Paul
  • Options
    Remember him quite well, right winger. Never really settled in at Charlton, as already said he had a lot of quality competition.

RIP Paul.
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    My first Charlton memory. Paul Hince, hair died blonde, on the right wing in front of the east terrace, attacking the covered end. RIP. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    A former Charlton forward who made 24 appearances for us in the 67/68 & 68/69 seasons scoring 2 goals, died yesterday aged 78.
    https://www.mancity.com/news/club/paul-hince-obituary-63825697

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tributes-pour-following-death-city-27378641
    Remember him well, only 24 appearances ? That's a surprise. RIP Paul 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I actually remember him as a player for us.
    A very small player, I think one of his two goals was an absolute screamer.
    I think he might've fallen out with Eddie Firmani, but he went on to have a long journalistic career.
    RIP Paul.
    Saw him play, he signed for around £20,000 from Man City around the beginning of February 1968,  a few days after the epic 10 man fightback 3-3 v league leaders QPR,.
    Very fast winger, he was all about pace and directness rather than trickery.

Scored in each of his first 2 games, if I remember ...... a 4-1 away win at Plymouth Argyle and then the following Saturday, a 4-2 win against Huddersfield Town at The Valley.
    Don't think he scored for Charlton again after that.

RIP 
  • Options
    Probably the first transfer in I can remember as a young fan. Never quite made it with us. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Paul.   Wasn't around at the Valley very long really but useful player at the time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Paul
  • Options
    RIP Paul Hince.
    A Footballer who had an even longer career as a Journalist.
  • Options
    RIP Paul
  • Options
    RIP

From The Valiant 500 ‘Paul described himself as a ‘chain smoking, drink sodden, heathen from Gorton’ when he joined Charlton, the complete opposite to manager Eddie Firmani’

Paul described how Firmani would frisk him before he got on the team bus, and confiscate his fags

Paul described his football career as ‘spectacularly dismal’

Sounds like he was a bit of a character 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Before my time. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I may be mistaken signed the same time as Ray Treacy. RIP Paul.