Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trevor Francis RIP

2»

Comments

• Bloody hell, far too young. RIP Trevor. 
  • The headed goal for Forest in the European Cup Final was a goal I can still see in my minds eye now. Terrific striker. RIP
  • Great player. RIP. Too young 
  • edited July 2023
    RIP.
  • Shocked by this. Great player. RIP.
  • I remember him scoring 4 goals for Birmingham v Bolton while he was just 16 - primarily because I was also 16.  It was a feat that would've seen him snapped up by a bigger club nowadays.  In the event he gave Birmingham another 8 seasons scoring 118 goals - it was 1971.

RIP Trevor.
  • RIP Trevor.
  • Shocked at this news. He’s 8 years younger than me.

RIP Trevor.
  • Tremendous player with a record to match. We can even forgive him his stint at Palace.

RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shocking news. RIP.
  • I think I saw at the Valley  when he was in his first season for Birmingham as a teenager. Maybe it's a fake memory. But it's real to me. Did they win 0-2?
  • Saw him in a shopping centre near Marbella a few years ago. Very sad news.
  • edited July 2023
    RIP. I remember the incredulation about the £1m transfer.  Little did we know.

Great player.
  • Trevor Francis lost his wife Helen to cancer in 2017 after 45 years together since they were 19. That must've been difficult as they had a very close marriage and he said he felt bereft once she passed.

He played over 50 games for England and scored 12 goals and a two time European cup winner.

First game for Birmingham at 16 in 1970 and last Game for Sheffield Wednesday in the 1993/94 season when he was 39.

626 games and 231 goals !

Amazing career.

RIP Trevor Francis, the boy from Plymouth.

• That’s a shock.
    May he RIP.
  • Rip Trevor Francis… remember you playing as a 17 year old at the valley … Brum had 1 coach load of fans sitting in the old stand singing “ what’s his name… FRANCIS !”  Could tell you was different class even then.
  • Kap10 said:
    3 years older than me, I recall watching the BBC lunchtime show talking about a young up and coming footballer called Trevor Francis, I think for Birmingham.

Was Francis the player that Cloughie paid £999,999 for because he “didn’t want the million pound price tag to go to his head”?

Great player. RIP
    got a feeling that was either Greaves or Law from their Italian club

no those transfers were way before the £1m player.  I think LR is right.  Cloughie also showed up Francis at the PoTY do for having his hands in his pocket. 
    you're right, Greaves was the first £99,999 transfer to save the label of the first £100,000 player  .. long way from a million 
    Alan Clarke Leicester to Leeds first £100,000 player summer of 69 :) .. I'm getting so old

• RIP Trevor - Legend 🙏
  • Sponsored links:

• Great footballer sad to see him go RIP.
  • That’s a shock! What a classy player. RIP Trevor. 
  • Sad to hear. RIP Trevor.
  • I once had some Trevor Francis tracksuits. Got them from a mush in Shepherd's Bush.

RIP Trevor. That line above demonstrates just how much of a successful household name he really was back in the day.
  • Growing up near Kidderminster I used to go to watch The Blues and seeing the Hatton Francis Latchford trio upfront was very exciting. He dribbled and rode tackles, had immense pace a brilliant footballer. Just 16 when he made his debut too. A true football legend