Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Proposals for a new express bus route between Thamesmead and Bromley (SL3 bus route),

The SL3 would run with:

• Buses every 12 minutes Monday to Saturday, and
  • Buses every 15 minutes on evenings and Sundays
  • At the common stops used by SL3, 269 and the 301, there would be a combined frequency of around 10 buses per hour during Monday to Saturday daytimes.

The new SL3 route would:

• Give people more transport options to move between key locations in Thamesmead, Bexleyheath and Bromley
  • Provide quicker journey times to outer London transport and town centre hubs including the Elizabeth line at Abbey Wood station
  • Create new links across Bexleyheath from Bromley, Chislehurst, Sidcup, Abbey Wood and Thamesmead
  • Provide extra capacity on route 269
https://haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk/sl3-superloop

Comments

• Options
    Would have been handy 6 years ago when I was living in Thamesmead and Working in Bromley 🤣

That was a hell of a journey, 472 to Woolwich, then 122 to Lee Green then 261 to work, then reverse that on the way home 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Shame it doesn’t stop in West Thamesmead, but I guess we have relatively close access to Woolwich Elizabeth line station, the DLR and the clipper. 

The suggestion that Thamesmead is isolated I feel is quite outdated now. There are a range of very decent travel options at the end of a short bus ride.
  • Options
    Hoping to move to Bromley in a couple of months. Sundridge Park area so not far from Bromley North......although not sure I'd want to go to Thamesmead  thank you. Buses to Sidcup & B'heath are useful though. 
  • Options
    Transport for London have today confirmed that a new express bus will operate from spring 2024 between Thamesmead and Bromley via Abbey Wood Elizabeth line station.
    https://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk/2023/10/20/express-sl3-bus-from-thamesmead-to-elizabeth-line-confirmed-as-part-of-superloop-network/
  • Options
    Hopefully will connect into any DLR extension to Thamesmead as well 
  • Options
    handy for getting back to Bexleyheath from the Lizze line
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the shoplifters can have a quicker getaway
  • Options
    Not said anywhere where the actual stops will be?
  • Options
    Not said anywhere where the actual stops will be?
    Route diagram at the top does 
  • Options
    It’s gonna be a bastard if you miss your stop!
  • Options
    Map of route

• Options
    An option that may be useful with what’s coming ahead shortly 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    That’s got express written all over it, all those roads are known to be mostly empty of cars.
    I reckon it’s only 10-minute first-to-last stop, it’s the stuff of dreams…
  • Options
    The Grove Park to Canary Wharf (?) proposal looks perfect.
    Could become a direct bus from Lee to more or less Charlton.
    Awaiting further information like the exact route, where the stops are, and when it starts.
  • Options
    Sidcup to Abbey Wood could be handy - getting the 51 from Woolwich on train strike days can be tough - survival of the fittest and a proper bundle and squash - queuing isn’t something that happens in Woolwich 
  • Options
    Not sure anyone queues anymore, might put that on the 'things that make you feel old' or 'things that annoy you' thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They queue at the bus stop outside Blackheath station. A long single queue. It’s very quaint.

Woolwich is a joke. 
  • Options
    If someone pushes in, and they’re not obviously old or infirm or struggling wrangling children or carrying a heavy load I will always confront them, have a row if necessary and or push and shove back.
    If they succeed I will get as close to them as possible on the bus and verbally berate them, very loudly, for the whole journey.
    The alternative is to shrug and allow them to get away with it.
    Maybe somebody else has a better way of dealing with queue jumpers.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Sidcup to Abbey Wood could be handy - getting the 51 from Woolwich on train strike days can be tough - survival of the fittest and a proper bundle and squash - queuing isn’t something that happens in Woolwich 
    Best to just walk down to the stop by the Sainsburys, never anybody queuing there 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    If you are referring to the stop at the train station I agree. 

But to be fair the number of different buses stopping there make it almost impossible to queue formally/properly. 

It relies on people behaving  as they should at a busy pub/bar and quietly acknowledging who you know to have been there before you. In other words it’s invariably free for all. 
  • Options
    I'm surprised they haven't provided a bus from Bexley to Abbey Wood station.  
  • Options
    This is another decent improvement to the Transport Links 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    That’s got express written all over it, all those roads are known to be mostly empty of cars.
    I reckon it’s only 10-minute first-to-last stop, it’s the stuff of dreams…
    I think you've misunderstood. This route is going to be serviced by the new "hoverbus" which will be able to fly over any traffic on a cushion of hot air and bullshit.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Those are Boris Buses that the mayor said were not fit for purpose and wanted to scrap them as they were too expensive to operate.