Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ahmed Kone

2»

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Ahmed attended an event in the region in the summmer holidays - he was invited by Hamza Serrar who is now based out there.  He obviouly impressed at the event,

He is a muslim lad and he is moving there with his family.  He can probably now give them all a far better life than he would have been able to over here for the forseeable.

With the investment in the region at the moment he will get top notch coaching, will play against some unbelievable player and can come back to UK in 5 years as a 23 year old who hasn't even hit his prime yet.  And be absolutely minted

Good luck to him but it's absolutely gutting because I could see he was special from the first game I saw of him.  I suspect he'll go far in the game and forever be the one that got away.
    Will he? He's joining a 2nd division side in Qatar, what sort of GK or academy coaches will they have? At 18 he still has masses to learn.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Ahmed attended an event in the region in the summmer holidays - he was invited by Hamza Serrar who is now based out there.  He obviouly impressed at the event,

He is a muslim lad and he is moving there with his family.  He can probably now give them all a far better life than he would have been able to over here for the forseeable.

With the investment in the region at the moment he will get top notch coaching, will play against some unbelievable player and can come back to UK in 5 years as a 23 year old who hasn't even hit his prime yet.  And be absolutely minted

Good luck to him but it's absolutely gutting because I could see he was special from the first game I saw of him.  I suspect he'll go far in the game and forever be the one that got away.
    Will he? He's joining a 2nd division side in Qatar, what sort of GK or academy coaches will they have? At 18 he still has masses to learn.
    The facilities etc will be excellent.  There will be more players going that way as will there be more coaches going that way too.
    whilst he has lots to learn he will be playing competitive football which is more than can be said of d lot of the u18 and u23 games over here.  I don’t support the move but I can definitely see why he’s done it
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

The facilities etc will be excellent.  There will be more players going that way as will there be more coaches going that way too.
    whilst he has lots to learn he will be playing competitive football which is more than can be said of d lot of the u18 and u23 games over here.  I don’t support the move but I can definitely see why he’s done it
    I would say his life is going to be full of ups and downs.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Unlike his bank balance.
  • Options
    To be fair he's 18. He could play out there for 3 years and come back to England a much better keeper for the experience and still only be 21. It's quite possible that if he'd stayed here, he might not have even made a league appearance for us by 21.

Plus as is fairly common for expats in the region, i've no doubt that his club are paying relocation costs for his family, whereas with us he'd have been on what, 2-3k a week max?
  • Options
    To be fair he's 18. He could play out there for 3 years and come back to England a much better keeper for the experience and still only be 21. It's quite possible that if he'd stayed here, he might not have even made a league appearance for us by 21.

Plus as is fairly common for expats in the region, i've no doubt that his club are paying relocation costs for his family, whereas with us he'd have been on what, 2-3k a week max?
    Not even that, more like 1k 
  • Options
    There is no chance a 18 year old, 3rd choice GK would be on 3 grand a week playing for Charlton in league 1.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    There is no chance a 18 year old, 3rd choice GK would be on 3 grand a week playing for Charlton in league 1.
    Yeah probably a wild overestimation on my part. 
  • Options
    And to put that in perspective, he will pay a maximum of 20% tax so let's say he is on £5k per week there, he will take home £208k per annum whereas, on £1k per week here, he would take home £39k. Three years there and that's a differential of more than £500K in total. He would need to be on £7k per week to earn £208k per annum net here and would almost certainly have to be at a Championship club to do but could, if things did work out for him, return to play or be part of a squad at that level at the age of 21, 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

I actually thought that was pretty good.
    Oh well.