Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling United vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 1/7/2023 Match (& post p6) Thread

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    343 first half definitely. Not sure about the second half side. 
    I would imagine a 433, not enough centre backs for a back 3/5
    Mitchell, Lavelle and Trialist (Cawley says he’s a left sided CB).
    Do we need another CB?
    We do if we're planning on playing 3 at the back. Hector, Jones, Thomas and Ness would be the only proper senior ones, and even then Ness has only played half a season in the Football League. Mitchell and Deji 2.0 are youth backups so we'd need at least one more. Assuming we take Lavelle to go and live on a farm somewhere of course
    Fair comment, Lavelle has attracted interest and will be allowed to leave so if the trualist dies ok it’s likely to be one in, one out.
    Christ this is gonna be one extreme Pre-Season Friendly.
    Ha ha already edited mate you snooze you lose 😁.
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    Anyone else’s Twitter died while trying to get updates? Rate limit exceeded error…
    Falling like flies today... first the Trialist, now Twitter
    So T Witter is the trialist...
  • Options
    Hmm, not a big fan of 343 personally, feels a bit like the worst of both worlds. You get all the stodge of a 3 at the back but still manage to only have one striker up top. Teams have to be very, very good to play 343. The last time I saw it properly succeed was Conte's Chelsea, and they had Eden bloody Hazard as one of the wingers and Kante and Matic to tidy up in the middle. Didn't work for him at Spurs because despite having decent players they didn't have the sparkling brilliance of Hazard, the guile of Fabregas or the dominance of Kante so they just became very, very boring and brittle. The midfield has to do so much work in a 343 making sure the team are in control and able to keep their wingers and wingbacks high without getting caught out in transition. We have Fraser and Dobson. Maybe we'll bring in great wingbacks, a monster winger and improve the midfield a little but it worries me.
    Equally, I suppose it could be a 352 with Campbell and Egbo as WBs, Chin in midfield and DJ up front with Leaburn. We will see.
  • Options
    Still playing "that" poxy song prior to the steam starting ....

Takeover must be off.
  • Options

Takeover must be off.
    Thought the same 😭🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Takeover must be off.
    It’s never over until the guitar maestro plays his final riff 😉.
  • Options
    Hmm, not a big fan of 343 personally, feels a bit like the worst of both worlds. You get all the stodge of a 3 at the back but still manage to only have one striker up top. Teams have to be very, very good to play 343. The last time I saw it properly succeed was Conte's Chelsea, and they had Eden bloody Hazard as one of the wingers and Kante and Matic to tidy up in the middle. Didn't work for him at Spurs because despite having decent players they didn't have the sparkling brilliance of Hazard, the guile of Fabregas or the dominance of Kante so they just became very, very boring and brittle. The midfield has to do so much work in a 343 making sure the team are in control and able to keep their wingers and wingbacks high without getting caught out in transition. We have Fraser and Dobson. Maybe we'll bring in great wingbacks, a monster winger and improve the midfield a little but it worries me.
    Equally, I suppose it could be a 352 with Campbell and Egbo as WBs, Chin in midfield and DJ up front with Leaburn. We will see.
    Yeah, I'm not convinced 3-4-3 gets the best out of any of our midfielders with maybe the exception of McGrandles. Dobbo is best when he can break up play and start attacks. Fraser does better with a free role finding pockets of space. Henry needs to float a little and isn't strong enough to be fully box to box or the holding player.

It was pretty clear that when he came in, Holden favored a back three. The problem is we have a midfield built to play as a three, and out biggest attacking strength is our wingers. 
  • Options
    Was hoping not to see Lavelle!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Only just arrived at a coastal oyster place (Leucate) for a late lunch. Didn’t realise the time and will have to scoff down the oysters, gambas and slurp back several glasses of vino in order to watch the match. I must be fucking mental and need of serious therapy! 🥸
    Thought that back in the early seventies about you . Therapy is afew wines and plenty of Gamba’s and Oysters. Sod the football 

• Options
    Get on with it.

• Options
    What is going on , all the Charlton players have now gone back in
  • Options
    KO now 3.15 due to large crowd
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    What is going on , all the Charlton players have now gone back in
    Kickoff delayed until 3:15
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Takeover must be off.
    I've been told of some changes coming for the new season with regard to songs before the game. 

Certainty wont hear Addicks to Victory. 
  • Options
    Kick off delayed by 15 minutes. 
  • Options

Takeover must be off.
    I've been told of some changes coming for the new season with regard to songs before the game. 

Certainty wont hear Addicks to Victory. 
    Gutted
  • Options
    Kick off delayed for 15 mins apparently 
  • Options
    KO delayed till 3.15,... waiting for Chucks to get out of bed
    They best delay it for 2 years then 
  • Options
    Hope the Valley pitch looks this good. Well done Welling.
  • Options
    Poor Chin lumped at LB again.
  • Options
    We've got officials, we've got teams, are you ready for the new season?