Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Films you liked at first but now cant watch.

2»

Comments

• edited June 2023
    Saving private ryan

not because it's a bad film but the reality. I can't watch the part where the jewish soldier gets stabbed through the heart 
    absolutely this - it's like you read my mind it's too much. I'll watch the opening scenes as many times as you like but when it get's that personal... fuck no.

I know it isn't totally on topic as it's not a film - but i absolutely devour Black Mirror when it comes out - but don't think i've ever re-watched a single episode - just makes me feel like absolute shit after every time. Just been watching the latest series on Netflix and to be honest I can't think of a single one that I want to watch a second time. (in any series) someone mentioned requiem for a dream earlier - it literally makes me feel like that after every episode.

• edited June 2023
    Hate to admit it but Close Encounters of the Third Kind!

always loved it and remembered it fondly so badgered my missus into watching it.  Too much noise going on for too long!
  • Once upon a time in America. Loved it when I first saw it in the eighties and when I saw it a couple of times after that but I watched it again a year or two ago and it dragged like hell. 
  • Honey I Shrunk The Kids
  • The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Really good film to watch and really hits home with the realities of the subject

But the way it ends, nah dont ever want to see it again
    Read the book and will never, ever, watch the film.
  • Gribbo said:
    Honey I Shrunk The Kids
    Read the book and will never, ever, watch the film.
  • Any film with Steve Martin.
    I used to be able to recite all those nose jokes in Roxanne.
    I used to find him hilarious.
    Now he irritates the hell out of me 😳
  • Once upon a time in America. Loved it when I first saw it in the eighties and when I saw it a couple of times after that but I watched it again a year or two ago and it dragged like hell. 
    That's one of the highly rated films that I don't get. I watched it for the first time recently and felt it was slow and pretentious. The motives of the main characters are weird. Some scenes were extremely difficult to watch, especially two rape scenes. Were those really necessary???