Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fire Alarm Engineers - HELP!

Does anyone on here know any good Fire Alarm engineers?  I really need an expert to advise me on something

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    I’m a retired engineer, if your looking for just advice.
  • Options
    Harrow said:
    I’m a retired engineer, if your looking for just advice.
    Cheers.  No I need someone to go and look at a wireless install and tell me wtf is wrong with it.  If you know anyone still in the game can you let me know please

thanks
  • Options
    Batteries need replacing regularly in the devices. Try calling the manufacturers helpline, or give Mark Jones a call at SOJ fire.
  • Options
    Cheers.  The units are ok but it’s the transmitters struggling to connect with the main panel.  I might give your man a call tomorrow 👍
  • Options
    Btw this is no advice.
    I remember being in a block of flats where the fire alarm wouldn't shut up. Turned out it was a fuck up with an outside connection. Didn't know who to ring. I ended up hitting the alarm with a shoe several times before it gave up the ghost. Landlord was not impressed. 
  • Options
    Hi Swis, been in the game for 40 years but retired now. Wireless systems are notorious for playing up and going wrong. The company that installed them should have carried out a signal strength test to evaluate how many transmitters were needed and where to site them.

You should also have a service agreement in place with an approved company that can provide 24/7 call out facilities so can’t you contact them?