Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Hollins RIP

Lived in Bickley at one time.
Much underrated player and a true gent.
RIP John

Comments

• Options
    A fine player and a key member of a very good Chelsea side.

RIP John
  • Options
    I was going to say the very same thing about John being underrated. He also could smack a ball. Hs wife used to own a boutique in Sidcup High Street back in the day and of course their son, Chris, is a journalist and Strictly winner

RIP John
  • Options
    A gentleman and a fine player.

RIP
  • Options
    A very fine player who played alongside some great names at Chelsea. Enjoyed watching him play.

RIP
  • Options
    Excellent player. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Fine player. RIP.
  • Options
    Proper gentlemen. He used to go in my Fathers shop, Holmesdale Road, Bromley every day for newspapers and a chat.
    Also invited us to Loftus Road to see a game. We even went in the changing rooms to meet the players after the game. I was very young at the time.
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Big name from my football mad childhood. RIP
  • Options
    Danson Park late 60s waiting for the bumper car ride to stop both my friend and myself rushed to exchange bumper cars with John Hollins.  He was also the first Chelsea player I saw score. 

RIP John. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    RIP, great player.
    He also put in a very good shift at Arsenal 
  • Options
    RIP - excellent player , proper footballer , popular person.
  • Options
    RIP.
    Lovely man.
  • Options
    RIP a true gentleman 
  • Options
    RIP John.

The Big Match's golden goal 1970/71.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZbopYYRNeY
  • Options
    A top player who played with a smile on his face.
    Played in a fabulously talented Chelsea team.

RIP John.
  • Options
    RIP. 939 games in total, an incredible tally, a real pro.
  • Options
    all been said, R I P John
  • Options
    I was going to say the very same thing about John being underrated. He also could smack a ball. Hs wife used to own a boutique in Sidcup High Street back in the day and of course their son, Chris, is a journalist and Strictly winner

RIP John
    Chris played a couple of pre season friendlies for Charlton back in the 90’s
  • Options
    RIP. There's a blast from the past...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    A very very fine player. We had some great wing backs then. We had Alan Mullery, Howard Kendall and of course our own Mike Bailey. John was up there with them. RIP Mister Hollins.
  • Options
    Should have said wing halves.
  • Options
    Ah no.
    Thats very sad.
    May he RIP, a lovely man and a fine footballer.
  • Options
    Top player and I can only concur with the previous comments. RIP
  • Options
    Very sad I sold him a pair of shoes when I worked as a Saturday boy at Ravels in Bromley / nice man 
  • Options
    RIP. John was a close friend of a family who were our close friends, met him a couple of times as a kid, lovely man. Later on my brother was an apprentice footballer and John would ring him and have a chat and offer him advice, was a really nice thing to do. They ended up playing against each other when my brother played against Chelsea reserves. Very sad.
  • Options
    RIP. A true gent and fine player. 1970 Chelsea almost whole team's surnames started with H
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Proper gentlemen. He used to go in my Fathers shop, Holmesdale Road, Bromley every day for newspapers and a chat.
    Also invited us to Loftus Road to see a game. We even went in the changing rooms to meet the players after the game. I was very young at the time.
    RIP
    I used to live in Canon Road 87-94. Was that the newsagents by the mini roundabout at the junctions of Homesdale, Canon, Tylney and Page Heath? When did your dad own the shop? 
  • Options
    A super player and, by all accounts, a thoroughly nice man. RIP