Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads BBC4 8.30 pm tonight - Tuesday

My favourite episode by a country mile.
It's the one where Bob & Terry try to go all day without hearing the England score, before they watch a recording in the evening.
No doubt somewhat dated, but no doubt it's a comedy classic.
No spoilers for anyone that's never seen it

Comments

• Options
    Just don’t follow you mate into the army and expect it to be like school days once again.

• Options
    England F......
  • Options
    It's the one where Bob & Terry try to go all day without hearing the England score, before they watch a recording in the evening.
    Just like when posters dont want to know the Prem scores on the match thread.

Nothings changed in 50 years. 
  • Options
    The first time I ever saw it was when BBC2 did pretty much a whole day of football programming, which I recorded on VHS and watched about a dozen times.

It made me search out the rest of it, and the original likely lads.  
  • Options
    The LL were great but this episode is the one that sticks most in the memory.
  • Options
    I was never a fan of the LL - I tried to like it but it always sounded droll. It was the same with the last of the summer wine. 🥸 I guess it’s what twiddles your thumb🤔
  • Options
    Don’t mention Deidre Birchwood 
  • Options
    You didn't mention "The blood donor" was on before.