Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Soccer Aid 2023

Not a great game so far- Usain Bolt went close. 

Comments

• Options
    Awful really 
  • Options
    On its way out in my view. 4 of the rest of the world players are English, including an ex England international.

decided to watch Netflix instead
  • Options
    The footballing ability of the (so called) Celebs this year is bloody shocking, most of them look like they’ve never kicked a ball
  • Options
    the lass in the red dress looks quite tasty
  • Options
    The footballing ability of the (so called) Celebs this year is bloody shocking, most of them look like they’ve never kicked a ball
    Steve Gallen down there having a look
  • Options
    the lass in the red dress looks quite tasty
    She does, but not sure you are her type….
  • Options
    Tommy Fury has to be the worst I’ve ever seen
  • Options
    Nice to see UNICEF doing their bit for impoverished children by hosting the game in the northern wilds of Manchester 
  • Options
    That Scholes goal is peak Scholes.  I can't think of a player, ever, you would rather that fall to.

Then gets injured 😪😪
  • Options
    Couple of players out there that could still get a game, Nani for instance 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jack wilshere v the rest of the world 

• Options
    Aluko is actually useless. Worst player out there.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Couple of players out there that could still get a game, Nani for instance 
    Evra was the one.
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Tommy Fury has to be the worst I’ve ever seen
    And that's just his boxing.
  • Options
    Aluko is actually useless. Worst player out there.
    Couldn’t make simple wide open passes or control easy balls 
  • Options
    Don’t mean this in any bad way but these games really show the gulf between the mens game and the womens game with people like Noah Beck and Tom Grennan looking better than former professional womens players like Scott and Aluko. 
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    Don’t mean this in any bad way but these games really show the gulf between the mens game and the womens game with people like Noah Beck and Tom Grennan looking better than former professional womens players like Scott and Aluko. 
    To be fair, I couldn't believe how much timber Aluko is carryng, 
  • Options
    My own personal feelings on this, when I want to watch England v Rest of the World, I don't want to watch half the teams being poxy celebrities, I want to watch the best players who have retied from the game. It winds me up as it is "not really a proper game", it is just a wish washy game. Then we have about poxy 30 minutes of adverts etc in between each half. The only excitement for me was seeing Scholes score ad goal and Robbie Keane (who I would love to have seen him play for Charlton) scored 2 goals, and even then it was against a celebrity goalkeeper. It is pants. 
  • Options
    They should at least have celebs playing that have some kind of ability as it makes it shit having people like Tommy Fury who can’t even kick a ball properly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Obviously it's a good cause etc, but just as a TV show/game, The Match was much better than Socceraid.

The celebrity team actually being chosen on merit etc and having better fitness than the old pros who didn't have the fitness but could ping a quality ball 40 yards etc.
  • Options
    Thing is a few years ago when it all started the celebs were actually half decent, Olly Murs and Ben Shepherd for instance could actually put in a shift. 

Now they have women players and half the rest of the world team are also English it's just nonsense, if they're going down that route have 2 captains and let them pick sides out of a tombola or something, or have it celebs vs pros but make sure the 20 or so celebs are actually up for it and can play a bit
  • Options
    Watched a bit of it and it's just got a bit stale. Some of the celebs like Noah Beck,Kem and Tom Grennan can obviously play a bit but it feels like the celeb level has dropped. I remember the goal Serge from Kasabian scored a few years back that was brilliant. 
  • Options
    The celeb keeper has to be decent , Theakston was good McGuiness was utter shit
  • Options
    I thought Carney and the American girl on at the start did fine. Is the men's game stronger than the women's, yes it is. It becomes boring having that point made over and over again. What is the motivation? Women's football is like women's tennis and good to watch in its own right.
  • Options
    I thought Carney and the American girl on at the start did fine. Is the men's game stronger than the women's, yes it is. It becomes boring having that point made over and over again. What is the motivation? Women's football is like women's tennis and good to watch in its own right.
    The blonde right back for WXI was mustard
  • Options
    The blonde right back for WXI was mustard

Think that was Kaylyn Kyle - Canadian international and MLS pundit.