Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 Fixtures - 2023 / 2024

Anyone know what date they are released, and are there any matches you’re particularly looking forward to going to?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023
    22nd June - Not games in terms of attendance.

But Carlisle away is probably the biggest. 
  • Options
    22nd of June I think. Hopefully finally get to go to Reading drove past it loads of times and Blackpool. Just hope that there not at the start 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Looking for some good away trips between 6 Sept and 22 September so I take the motorhome for a run.  Head back to southern hemisphere then.  (Not in the motorhome!)
  • Options
    22nd June - Not games in terms of attendance.

But Carlisle away is probably the biggest. 
    Better hope we play them in April then. 
  • Options
    One thing is for sure Portsmouth away will be on boxing day, new years day or a tuesday night.
  • Options
    One thing is for sure Portsmouth away will be on boxing day, new years day or a tuesday night.
    Orient surely has to be one of our Boxing day or new years day games given they're our only London derby. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Orient surely has to be one of our Boxing day or new years day games given they're our only London derby. 
    Its all done by a computer i think so common sense doesnt really come in to it. Orient will end up being a rainy tuesday in decemeber, although wouldnt mind ut being a friday evening match
  • Options
    Anyone know what date they are released, and are there any matches you’re particularly looking forward to going to?
    Looking forward to the game where we get promoted out of this shithouse or the last one cos another season of shit and excuses will be complete .
  • Options
    I think they have an away standing section being built. If so, even better. 
  • Options
    No new grounds for me this season but looking forward to Orient away and Blackpool weekend if not a Tuesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are we going to do a competition to guess the 1st fixture of the season ?

I will go Reading away if we are
  • Options
    Blackpool at home.
  • Options
    Its all done by a computer i think so common sense doesnt really come in to it. Orient will end up being a rainy tuesday in decemeber, although wouldnt mind ut being a friday evening match
    They do ensure localish games are played at certain times though. For example we've played MK Dons away midweek too often for it to be a coincidence
  • Options
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fixtures-lists-debunking-computer-myth-24500280
  • Options
    We’ll get one of the promoted teams away, whoever it is they will win comfortably and get a great start with life in League One then CharltonLife will go into Panic Station with ‘Holden Out’ ‘The new signings aren’t up for scratch’ etc etc 😉😉😉
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Premier league fixtures are out on Thursday. It is probably a fair guess that we will be at home the same weekends that Nigels play at home, as it normally the case for most seasons. Probably have an educated guess to see which weekends we are home/away.
  • Options
    When I was scheduling the season’s fixtures for a county cricket club, we were allowed to state our preferred dates for what we deemed our most lucrative/prestigious fixtures, and more often than not, the ECB did their utmost to accommodate us.
    I hope that CAFC has specifically asked that we play Carlisle away on the last day of the forthcoming season.
  • Options
    AndyG said:

would take that
  • Options
    AndyG said:

The EFL know we'll be desperate to try the new railway station near the ground 
  • Options
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fixtures-lists-debunking-computer-myth-24500280
    Dont fall for their propaganda comrade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont fall for their propaganda comrade. Ita a conspiracy. Infamy, infamy, they all have it in for me.

• Options
    When I was scheduling the season’s fixtures for a county cricket club, we were allowed to state our preferred dates for what we deemed our most lucrative/prestigious fixtures, and more often than not, the ECB did their utmost to accommodate us.
    I hope that CAFC has specifically asked that we play Carlisle away on the last day of the forthcoming season.
    You would like to think so but I very much doubt  that anyone at the club had a scooby about our past promotions at Carlisle.
  • Options
    Need some easy games in Aug as I don’t expect us to assemble our 23/24 squad until 10pm on deadline day.

Cheltenham away first game I’m going for. Alfie May hat-trick

...for Cheltenham.
  • Options
    Highlights will include....

Orient away Boxing Day

MK Dons away midweek 

Fleetwood/Morecambe/Blackpool away midweek in November 

Home to Champions last game of the season 

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Highlights will include....

Orient away Boxing Day