Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I sit in Zone 2 seats depending on where I fancy on the day. I go with my daughter who turns 11 next season and suddenly her ticket goes from £6 to £15. I always encourage her to bring friends and am always happy to pay for them too but my generosity can only stretch so far. Would be nice to see an extra price band for 11-18 yesr olds. 
  • Options
    Still got Katrien and Roland’s extra tax bit added on. Except now it’s two days before match plus increase.Plus it used to be over 60s not over 65s another thing Roland added on.
  • Options
    Do I smell the rancid whiff of Burgers?
  • Options
    I sit in Zone 2 seats depending on where I fancy on the day. I go with my daughter who turns 11 next season and suddenly her ticket goes from £6 to £15. I always encourage her to bring friends and am always happy to pay for them too but my generosity can only stretch so far. Would be nice to see an extra price band for 11-18 yesr olds. 
    Agree completely. Realistically (aside from family led support) we compete in the local teenage market with Millwall. Ours go from U11 to U18, theirs are U12, U16, U18. They can offer better football at present so we need to be sweetening this area to make us a more attractive option. 
  • Options
    Token £1 differentials in different areas. Why not just simplify the structure by having one price per age group everywhere except for adults in the centre blocks? 

Because those of us who’ve bought STs in Zone 2 have paid a lot more than those in Zone 3 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Token £1 differentials in different areas. Why not just simplify the structure by having one price per age group everywhere except for adults in the centre blocks? 

Because those of us who’ve bought STs in Zone 2 have paid a lot more than those in Zone 3 🤷‍♂️
    So what? The £1 differential is between match tickets. If you're looking at value, it will be based on the match price in your area against the season price, not the match price in other areas. 

What difference does it make to you if a match by match purchaser in another stand pays £1 more or less per game attended?

Someone who has paid £625/£630 for a season ticket will only have to miss two games to be no better off than a match by match purchaser of the same seats. That's very poor value.

• Options
    Agree completely. Realistically (aside from family led support) we compete in the local teenage market with Millwall. Ours go from U11 to U18, theirs are U12, U16, U18. They can offer better football at present so we need to be sweetening this area to make us a more attractive option. 
    Didn't know that about Millwall's pricing. I'd guess other clubs are more aligned with their pricing than ours. Just seems bonkers that an 11 year old kid's ticket is 15 quid. Me, my daughter and her two pals = £44 currently. That will jump to £71 during next season. My fear is we'll lose yet another generation not just through being in League One but from insane prices. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023

So what? The £1 differential is between match tickets. If you're looking at value, it will be based on the match price in your area against the season price, not the match price in other areas. 

What difference does it make to you if a match by match purchaser in another stand pays £1 more or less per game attended?

I suppose a perception matter of value and fairness. Would I be more or less likely to pay £140 extra to secure a ST seat in one zone to another if the match cost between those is identical? Probably less, so you’d likely have less ST holders in the more expensive Zone 2 areas due to that and supporters in the cheaper Zone 3 ST areas who don’t attend all games thinking there is less point now getting a ST if I can sitting in an upgraded area for the same price on a match by match basis. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I suppose a perception matter of value and fairness. Would I be more or less likely to pay £140 extra to secure a ST seat in one zone to another if the match cost between those is identical? Probably less, so you’d likely have less ST holders in the more expensive Zone 2 areas due to that and supporters in the cheaper Zone 3 ST areas who don’t attend all games thinking there is less point now getting a ST if I can sitting in an upgraded area for the same price on a match by match basis. 

I think the £130/£140 difference in the season ticket prices trumps a £23 match by match price difference.

If you're sitting in the lower Covered End at £295/£310 (£13 a game), I doubt if you're moving to a matchday area that costs £10 more per game because it's the same match price as where your season ticket seat is.

• Options
    £630 for League One is obscene and £450 is not much better. These are disgraceful prices to charge. Why do so many of us accept that? Many clubs at higher levels than ourselves with similar fan bases and overheads charge less or a flat fee around the stadium. I fail to understand why we won't/can't do the same especially under current economic conditions.
  • Options
    From the O.S. I can't find a definition of "disabled", I ask as I now have a disabled blue badge and wonder if this entitles me to the disabled rate for tickets - anyone know?
  • Options
    From the O.S. I can't find a definition of "disabled", I ask as I now have a disabled blue badge and wonder if this entitles me to the disabled rate for tickets - anyone know?
    I believe that's for people in wheelchairs. 
    I might be wrong though. 
  • Options
    I believe that's for people in wheelchairs. 
    I might be wrong though. 
    Don't have to be a chair user - can be 'ambulant disabled'. 
  • Options
    You need provide a copy of your PIP or DWP letter to set up your categorisation 

https://booking.cafc.co.uk/usercontent/documents/pdf/cafc-disabled-supporters-guide.pdf
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    thanks AFKA, doesn't apply to me as I have neither docs, just a blue badge, 
  • Options
    Didn't know that about Millwall's pricing. I'd guess other clubs are more aligned with their pricing than ours. Just seems bonkers that an 11 year old kid's ticket is 15 quid. Me, my daughter and her two pals = £44 currently. That will jump to £71 during next season. My fear is we'll lose yet another generation not just through being in League One but from insane prices. 
    Surely the spanners age range goes, young offenders, brostal and inmate.
    Not very inclusive, I must say.
  • Options
    So even an experienced CEO I.e. Storrie didn’t see the issues in our pricing and nodded it through. 

So either he is not actually that savvy, had no authority after all or both. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So even an experienced CEO I.e. Storrie didn’t see the issues in our pricing and nodded it through. 

Or isn’t really that bothered.
  • Options
    Have you applied for PIP? If not, you should. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Possibly the wrong thread, but Bradford City have a very different approach. You could argue that it still leaves them as a division 4 club, but I can guarantee that the Valley Parade match day experience is far superior to the The Valley matchday experience.  Apples and Pears I know...

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2023/april/over-14000-early-bird-season-ticket-sales-for-second-year-running/#:~:text=OVER 14,000 EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET SALES FOR SECOND YEAR RUNNING,-26 April 2023&text=Bradford City AFC is delighted,campaign - beating last season's tally.
  • Options
    Earlybird price 198pounds , then when back on sale 300pounds.
    Is it any wonder the club sold over 14,000 season tickets.
  • Options
    Have you applied for PIP? If not, you should. 
    It' a few years since I applied for my mum so it needs to be checked but it was PIP or AA and I needed to advise them that the names of the levels were different so you (they) had to go by the payment amount or level description.  Usual DWP confusion.

• Options

To be fair to Storrie, he's very much an interim, so it's not his position to made radical changes to ticketing strategy when the new owners might want something different anyway. However much it might be flawed.
  • Options
    Possibly the wrong thread, but Bradford City have a very different approach. You could argue that it still leaves them as a division 4 club, but I can guarantee that the Valley Parade match day experience is far superior to the The Valley matchday experience.  Apples and Pears I know...

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2023/april/over-14000-early-bird-season-ticket-sales-for-second-year-running/#:~:text=OVER 14,000 EARLY BIRD SEASON TICKET SALES FOR SECOND YEAR RUNNING,-26 April 2023&text=Bradford City AFC is delighted,campaign - beating last season's tally.
    Was going to say these big crowds can't be doing them much good as they're about to have a 5th straight season in league two.
  • Options

To be fair to Storrie, he's very much an interim, so it's not his position to made radical changes to ticketing strategy when the new owners might want something different anyway. However much it might be flawed.
    I don’t think the fans or staff should have to use a table to work out prices. The match pricing is unnecessarily and pointlessly complicated. Minor tweaks would address that.
  • Options
    Earlybird price 198pounds , then when back on sale 300pounds.
    Is it any wonder the club sold over 14,000 season tickets.
    wonder how many we would sell with the same price structure?