Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everyday things that would have seemed really weird back in the day

Deliberately crashing a plane for social media views. https://youtu.be/v5lc35Cq5nE

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Deliberately crashing a plane for social media views. https://youtu.be/v5lc35Cq5nE
    To be fair everyone thinks this was really weird.
    Ross said:
    1998: don't talk to strangers
    2008: don't meet people from the internet alone
    2023: summoning a stranger from the internet to get alone with them in their car (Uber)
     No different to calling a stranger and asking to pay them for a lift... Also known as a taxi for the last however many years.

• Options
    Meeting a partner online. Back in the day it was generally seen as being a way for old divorcees or weird loners to meet someone. 

Now you can pretty much swipe right and meet someone within a few hours.
  • Options
    Not being able to commercially fly supersonic.
  • Options
    ‘Celebrity’ Women setting up their camera phone in the gym, or bringing in someone to film their lower half doing a variation of squats and pelvic raises that have no sexual connotations whatsoever, whilst wearing almost painted on lycra, to then put online to gain followers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I guess the bottom line is, anything to do with the internet. That's why there's unlikely to be another remake of The Hitchhikers Guide - what once seemed a fantastical idea is now just Google. 

For me, seeing a plane flying overhead and idly wondering where it's going. Within seconds, I can have a flight plan in front of me, I know where it's been, where its heading, how fast it's travelling, every place that plane has visited in the last month, what the pilot had for breakfast and that the passenger in seat 38C is a bit miffed about the lack of legroom.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I guess the bottom line is, anything to do with the internet. That's why there's unlikely to be another remake of The Hitchhikers Guide - what once seemed a fantastical idea is now just Google. 

For me, seeing a plane flying overhead and idly wondering where it's going. Within seconds, I can have a flight plan in front of me, I know where it's been, where its heading, how fast it's travelling, every place that plane has visited in the last month, what the pilot had for breakfast and that the passenger in seat 38C is a bit miffed about the lack of legroom.
    Fascinating tracking planes but what seems really strange is watching the planes descending and then disappearing behind buildings to land at what was once the old dock. 
  • Options
    ‘Celebrity’ Women setting up their camera phone in the gym, or bringing in someone to film their lower half doing a variation of squats and pelvic raises that have no sexual connotations whatsoever, whilst wearing almost painted on lycra, to then put online to gain followers 
    I don't recognise this behaviour. Perhaps you have some links that may help me to understand? 
  • Options
    A football club having four different owners in a decade. 
  • Options
    Being able to see someone across the world on a screen and talk to them at the touch of a button

Restaurants listing allergens and calorific content of everything

Drive thru coffee shops from Seattle
  • Options
    Spending your day on the computer arguing with people you’ve never met 
    Even better is arguing with people you have met and you know who they are but they haven't got a clue.  Short arse 🥸🥸
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England winning a test in 2 days and 2 sessions, plus scoring runs at over 6 an over in tests.
  • Options
    Having bus stops telling you when the next bus is.
  • Options
    The number of people who seemingly walk along the road talking to themselves.  
  • Options
    I don't recognise this behaviour. Perhaps you have some links that may help me to understand? 
    It’s called Instagram 
  • Options
    Never getting to eat peanuts on an aeroplane 
  • Options
    Never getting to eat peanuts on an aeroplane 
    Going on an aeroplane 
  • Options
    Carrying 100’s of books in the palm of your hand 
  • Options
    Paying three and a half quid for a coffee
  • Options
    How much has changed really?