Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dean being linked with huddersfield

I see dean is being linked with huddersfield this morning and i for 1 couldnt blame him 1 bit if he was to leave, with everything that is going on with the takeover !!!!

Comments

• Options
    He should walk, this club is a disaster from top to bottom. 
  • Options
    Huddersfield with a new very wealthy American owner , couldn't blame him if there's anything to these rumours 
  • Options
    I heard he’s being linked to Real Madrid?

Do you believe everything you read?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    FAVADDICK said:
    I see dean is being linked with huddersfield this morning and i for 1 couldnt blame him 1 bit if he was to leave, with everything that is going on with the takeover !!!!
    He came in on the basis of the takeover that is currently on pole position. Don’t think he’s any intention of going anywhere. Think there’ll be a few more people up their list than Dean Holden too.
  • Options
    Was Warnock not staying there beyond this season then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    He came in on the basis of the takeover that is currently on pole position. Don’t think he’s any intention of going anywhere. Think there’ll be a few more people up there list than Dean Holden too.
    Family up north
    Higher division
    Bigger budget
    Higher profile 
    No ties to Charlton - he's here for the job...

If I were Dean, I know who I'd want to be manager of...and no doubt we'd be happy with a pay off so we can bank the money and pay for another cheap manager.
    I guess it depends on the takeover. He was brought in on the basis that the current group were going to takeover. 

He’s done well and got a long contract.

If he believes the takeover will happen, then for his career, he’d be a fool to leave here and go to Huddersfield. The championship next season is probably the toughest ever and Huddersfield will be very low in the pecking order with a top half finish an absolute miracle. Their budget may be bigger than ours, but relevant to their league it’s much smaller.

On the flip side to the tough championship, League one looks the weakest it has been for ages and if he can achieve promotion with Charlton in league one, then that’ll do much more for his reputation than scraping survival with Huddersfield.

All slightly irrelevant because I can’t see Huddersfield being interested in him.
  • Options
    You have to remember Holden probably gets fed the same level of bullshit we do.  “Increased budget” is probably the most common one for both parties.  
  • Options
    Not listed in the top 9 for the job in the Yorkshire Post .. 
  • Options
    Stig said:

Not saying it's true or not, but why are you sceptical about? As an ambitious young northerner, is Huddersfield not a better proposition than Charlton?
    More to the point, is Holden that big a proposition for Huddersfield?

I like him and think he's done pretty well so far, but he's not done much in management so far really.
    Exactly. I can't see why Huddersfield would be interested in Dean, he's done a reasonable job with us, but hardly an eye catching one.
  • Options
    His wife works in London I believe 

There have also been rumours that her and Stephen Mulhern could reunite(anyone of a certain age will remember their kids tv show) on ITV possibly to take over for Ant and Dec on Saturday Night Takeover whilst they take their break, but if not both have said they would love to work together again so I'm sure ITV are planning something, which could also likely be at the television studio in London I would imagine

So I think Dean and Danielle are probably settled in London for the time being
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    He came in on the basis of the takeover that is currently on pole position. Don’t think he’s any intention of going anywhere. Think there’ll be a few more people up there list than Dean Holden too.
    Family up north

This part is not true. I spoke to him at the POTY dinner and he told me that his wife & kids have now permanently joined him down here.
    Didn't know that...thanks
  • Options
    Stig said:

Not saying it's true or not, but why are you sceptical about it? As an ambitious young northerner, is Huddersfield not a better proposition than Charlton?
    As others have said, he’s done a reasonable job for us but he’s hardly set the ⚽️ 🌎 alight, so far?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Not saying it's true or not, but why are you sceptical about it? As an ambitious young northerner, is Huddersfield not a better proposition than Charlton?
    As others have said, he’s done a reasonable job for us but he’s hardly set the ⚽️ 🌎 alight, so far?
    Hard to judge unless he gets a reasonable budget to bring in his own players.....if Huddersfield offer him that he should go 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Family up north
    Higher division
    Bigger budget
    Higher profile 
    No ties to Charlton - he's here for the job...

If I were Dean, I know who I'd want to be manager of...and no doubt we'd be happy with a pay off so we can bank the money and pay for another cheap manager.
    That's 4 perfectly good reasons to consider that job
    Add in the crippling uncertainty around everything Charlton and why the farkington hill would he lose a moment's sleep in returning to the frozen north?
    skintgaard will bite any club's hand off for £5 compo over whatever money he has to pay DH.
    All the staff are available at any price that nets the posing twat any cash at all, he doesn't give a rat's arse for his humiliating Charlton soccerballsup and needs to cash out pronto
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    His wife works in London I believe 

There have also been rumours that her and Stephen Mulhern could reunite(anyone of a certain age will remember their kids tv show) on ITV possibly to take over for Ant and Dec on Saturday Night Takeover whilst they take their break, but if not both have said they would love to work together again so I'm sure ITV are planning something, which could also likely be at the television studio in London I would imagine

So I think Dean and Danielle are probably settled in London for the time being
    I mean it sounds like there could be a bunch of vacancies at ITV daytime soon right?
    Dean to replace Phillip Schofield on This Morning?
    Yeah, cos he looks so natural in front of a camera  :D
  • Options
    edited May 2023
  • Options
    That's the trouble with you @SantaClaus, so, sarky;)
  • Options
    Recently purchased a property in the Bexley / Bexleyheath area.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Recently purchased a property in the Bexley / Bexleyheath area.
    He strikes me as the type to a have a quiet one in Bexley village on a Sunday.