Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets

Renewed my season ticket for the 55th season and now the club want proof of my age before they will send my season ticket out , they’ve had my money for over a month now and don’t believe I am an OAP . 
Might call it a day now , if they can’t check my records 
anyone else had this insult ?

Comments

• They refused me as well when i applied for the Junior s/t.  Bastards!
  • edited May 2023
    Renewed my season ticket for the 55th season and now the club want proof of my age before they will send my season ticket out , they’ve had my money for over a month now and don’t believe I am an OAP . 
    What's the problem?
    If you're claiming a reduced price concession ticket possibly forevermore, surely it's obvious you need to supply proof of age?
    Can you photo the document they require as proof and e mail it to them or do they need the original in person?
    I know I'll have to provide proof if and when the time comes.  
    If it saves £100 per season that could be £1500 over 15 years.
    I think proof is reasonable.
  • My prospective purchase of season tickets took a turn for the worse on Saturday….
  • Renewed my season ticket for the 55th season and now the club want proof of my age before they will send my season ticket out , they’ve had my money for over a month now and don’t believe I am an OAP . 
    What's the problem?
    If you're claiming a reduced price concession ticket possibly forevermore, surely it's obvious you need to supply proof of age?
    Can you photo the document they require as proof and e mail it to them or do they need the original in person?
    Depends. If he's given them proof in the past then why would he need to do that every year - he wont be getting any younger!
  • Surprised at that , though with your childish attempt at humour , thought you’d be a shoe in for a junior reds ticket 
    You are of course correct, very childish.  But, why the Hell for the sake of providing some basic evidence, would you for go a 56th straight season?  
  • Off_it said:
    What's the problem?
    Depends. If he's given them proof in the past then why would he need to do that every year - he wont be getting any younger!
    Yes, but why would you have given them proof before age 65?
    I've never given them proof of age in the last 50 years.
  • Off_it said:
    What's the problem?
    The system change meant that club records of proof of eligibility for a concession ticket did not necessarily get linked to the account on the new system. I had to provide proof of age last year despite having done so before.

It's no big deal. 

(The reason this has to happen is because, unfortunately, Charlton fans are not necessarily trustworthy. I believe that quite a few people try to get in on junior tickets for example.)
  • Off_it said:
    What's the problem?
    Yes, but why would you have given them proof before age 65?
    I've never given them proof of age in the last 50 years.
    I don't know how old he is. But if he's, say, 70 and gave proof of his ID/age last year then it just seems a bit silly to have to prove it again - he wont have got any younger.

It's not a massive deal, but surely you only need to prove your age once?
  • Yes, although cafcfan may have answered the query above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yea, I got asked as well, buying my first over 65 s/t. Sent scan of my passport by email and accepted quickly.
  • I havent been asked, (yet), got asked to show proof of over 65 at Sheff Wed away, i took it as a compliment.
  • gosh isnt there already a thread for this, come on admins wake up.. ;)
  • Renewed my season ticket for the 55th season and now the club want proof of my age before they will send my season ticket out , they’ve had my money for over a month now and don’t believe I am an OAP . 
    I had this as well. I replied pointing out how long I had had a season ticket and indicated when I had supplied proof of age.  I got an email back the next day confirming they had my details and to ig or the initial request.
  •  Used to love the booklet coming through the post with all the ticket stubs. Now just a card. Not the same. 
  •  Used to love the booklet coming through the post with all the ticket stubs. Now just a card. Not the same. 
    No pet bandana either ? 
  • T_C_E said:
    My season ticket arrived this morning, I’d forgot that little buzz you got when you opened the envelope so I can only imagine how Mrs @Fanny Fanackapan must feel.
     Lovely to get a personal message from the gaffer thanking me for my support, please don’t try and tell me everyone got one because I refuse to believe it. 
    Looking forward to getting a visit to see the museum something I’ve shamefully never done. 
    Then catching up with Mrs F and anyone else that admits to knowing me 🍺🍺

How much do dogs pay this season?
  • T_C_E said:
    My season ticket arrived this morning, I’d forgot that little buzz you got when you opened the envelope so I can only imagine how Mrs @Fanny Fanackapan must feel.
     Lovely to get a personal message from the gaffer thanking me for my support, please don’t try and tell me everyone got one because I refuse to believe it. 
    Looking forward to getting a visit to see the museum something I’ve shamefully never done. 
    Then catching up with Mrs F and anyone else that admits to knowing me 🍺🍺

We'll be fighting 'em off, Ray ! 

" Form an orderly queue, please ! And just one autograph per person".

Really looking forward to a big hug & smacker ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton have passed 8,000 season tickets for the 2023/24 season following a sizeable increase in sales in recent weeks.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/join-over-8000-season-ticket-holders-se7