Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addick in Need

2»

Comments

• Options
    Done and shared - good luck to Liam and all the gang at Dorincourt. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    done 
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    Done. 
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    It was complicated (for me) but signed.
  • Options
    Done & shared 👍🏼
  • Options
    Done and shared. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done. Let's hope this helps.
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    Done.
    As somebody with a disabled relative living in care I can only imagine how stressful this might be
  • Options
    Signed. All the best.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    just a question .. did the Queen's death mean that the charity in her name is being wound wound up or is just that one property being sold (they must really be short of cash) ?
    If so, has King Camilla/Charles been asked to take over the name and sponsorship and to stop the sale do you know ?

• Options
    Great response, guys. Thanks v much 
  • Options
    Thanks to all the Charton Family for your help. We really appreciate your signatures and words of support. COYRs!
  • Options
    Thanks to all the Charton Family for your help. We really appreciate your signatures and words of support. COYRs!
    Have sent you a message.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    just a question .. did the Queen's death mean that the charity in her name is being wound wound up or is just that one property being sold (they must really be short of cash) ?
    If so, has King Camilla/Charles been asked to take over the name and sponsorship and to stop the sale do you know ?

The charity hopefully will still exist minus Dorincourt. The charity has approximately £24mln in property assets. One of the assets is their admin building which is too big for them. The question is why didn’t they sell that to finance the pensions shortfall and renovate Dorincourt with the balance? In my opinion they, the senior management, would rather disrupt the lives of 38 vulnerable adults than have their own affected. 
    great answer .. thanks and all the very best to you and Liam, I am sure things will work out fine .. the so called administrators of the charity should be ashamed of themselves, should be, but I'm sure they are not
  • Options

The charity hopefully will still exist minus Dorincourt. The charity has approximately £24mln in property assets. One of the assets is their admin building which is too big for them. The question is why didn’t they sell that to finance the pensions shortfall and renovate Dorincourt with the balance? In my opinion they, the senior management, would rather disrupt the lives of 38 vulnerable adults than have their own affected. 
    great answer .. thanks and all the very best to you and Liam, I am sure things will work out fine .. the so called administrators of the charity should be ashamed of themselves, should be, but I'm sure they are not
    Sadly there are issues at a number of care homes and the needs of the residents are sometimes neglected. We desperately need to improve standards in the care sector - politicians in general are not interested.
  • Options
    I signed and made enquiries into the possibility of visiting Liam sadly the location is to far for us to travel.
    But nothing but wishes from us here.
  • Options
    It looks like they are selling this because of their liability to the Pension Protection Fund, which exchanged their pension liabilities for a loan. The PPF is huge and has had a good year thanks to gilt yields reducing their liabilities. A few headlines in the press mentioning them as the reason for having to sell may help bring them to the table, they make a big deal about all the good they do in communities and a few million is nothing to them
  • Options
    Signed and shared 
  • Options
    If I dont do it tonight I will do it at work tomorrow and ensure my wotk colleagues do to.
  • Options
    Done
  • Options
    Done will share