Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where did the Big Flag go?

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Where did the Giant flag that went around the Covered End go?

Comments

• Options
    Left out and went rotten....
  • Options
    Oh Nice
  • Options
    Health and Safety deemed it unsafe......
  • Options
    Greenwich borough Jobs'worth James Blunts!
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the council, the old one was left in the rain, and got dirty, when they tried to clean it, it was in such poor condition, that it feel apart.

Nowt to do with the council
  • Options
    Well I was replying to Medders post. Can I blame the council anyway please Rothko?
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    Want to blame the council for something?

Read this blog and I'm sure you'll find a suitable reason!

http://greenwichwatch.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Jeez, someone's got far too much time on their hands there - possibky even more than AFKA clearly has!
  • Options
    It's quite scary the state their IT systems are in - they always seem to notice when I'm late pying my Council Tax though. B*stards!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to say, I never really had much of an opinoin on Greenwich Council either way in the past. But now i've moved a few hundred yards down the road and over the border into Bexley the difference is quite noticeable - dustmen turning up regular as clockwork evry week, road sweepers always out and about, fellas coming round to cut the grass by the side of the road regularly, decent recycling service, etc, etc. Also, on the one occassion I've had to phone them up about something (Council tax) they answered the phone straight away, knew what they were talking about and were courteous and helpful - oh, and they spoke and understood English clearly! Thumbs up to them.
  • Options
    Off it, i have been in Greenwich all my life apart from a short stint (about 8 months) in welling and dartford.

I found bexley the biggest bunch of Muppet's ever. I can see what you mean RE answering phones straight away, bu my god is the council tax dear! £140 for a two bed flat in temple hill Dartford, not the most desirable place i can tell ya (soz if anyone is from there) and they were very rude, when i was @ welling (Gipsy road) the bin people were just plain hard work, and lucky it was so early otherwise i would cuff them!

Greenwich council i have never had any probs with.

Obviously this hasn't stopped me from perchasing a lovely little flat in Upper Belvedere! (well fingers crossed it goes through)