Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Gold U16 Tournament

Seems to have been kept a bit hush hush but our under 16s are hosting a tournament at Sparrows Lane this weekend

After the group stages and play offs so far the standings are

Liverpool 8th (1st game Charlton beat Liverpool 3-1)

Cambridge 7th

Chelsea v Ipswich for the 5th & 6th spots

Charlton are in 3rd 4th playoff game today as we lost on penalties to Spurs.

So Spurs must be in the final but not sure of the other sides. One is Fulham but no mention of the other finalists or 3rd/4th team

@Swisdom

Comments

• Chelsea 6th
    Ipswich 5th
    Ipswich win on pens

Charlton v Man Utd in 3rd/4th play-off

Means Spurs v Fulham in the final
  • Charlton take 3rd spot beating Man Utd 1-0 
  • Spurs won on pens after the game ended 1 - 1

Sounds like we more than held our own v some top academy sides.
  • Swisdom said:
    I’m actually pissed off this was left so quiet.  Would have been good to get a bit of football fix and the academy boys would benefit from playing in front of a few fans.

id have thought the Valley Gold tournament might have allowed those who pay in to Valley Gold to attend.  But no.

sometimes this club REALLY makes me scratch my head.  
    Just your head, Swis ? 
  • Swisdom said:
    I’m actually pissed off this was left so quiet.  Would have been good to get a bit of football fix and the academy boys would benefit from playing in front of a few fans.

id have thought the Valley Gold tournament might have allowed those who pay in to Valley Gold to attend.  But no.

Pretty sure they can't because of child protect.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Swisdom said:

Pretty sure they can't because of child protect.
    I've got enhanced DBS, i occasionally scout for the club, been a season ticket holder for years, shirt sponsor, Valley Gold member and my mate's son was playing for us.

But when I politely enquired I was told 

"

Hi Steve

Unfortunately, we cannot help on this occasion,

Regards