Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Operation Chastise or The Dambusters Raid . 80th Anniversary 16/17 May 1943.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Used to live in a village south of RAF Coningsby in the 90s. Open fields at the back our house. Lancaster came right over the top of the house flying really low a couple of times. Was an an incredible sight.
  • Options
    Used to live in a village south of RAF Coningsby in the 90s. Open fields at the back our house. Lancaster came right over the top of the house flying really low a couple of times. Was an an incredible sight.
    I was in the garden centre at the crossroads at Keaton a few years ago and it came in, wheels down at what seemed like tree top height on its way to Biggin Hill. Awesome sight 
  • Options
    Anyone that lives around this route it’s well worth keeping an eye on the sky, you will remember it for along time.
    Don’t forget take pictures of the flypast.
  • Options
    Anyone that lives around this route it’s well worth keeping an eye on the sky, you will remember it for along time.
    Don’t forget take pictures of the flypast.
    Unfortunately I'm in Turkey so will miss it, so any photos would be appreciated. 
  • Options
    What village did you live in ?...if you don't mind me asking ...hopefully it comes a bit further south than is shown on the map..looking to get a few pics.
  • Options
    Tonight we are by this crashsite of one of The Dambusters.

RIP
  • Options
    I was watching a piece on the news today and they were interviewing a bomb aimer from the raid ( I'm sorry sir but I cant remember your name ) he has now passed away but he made the pilot make 10 ! Yes 10!!! Extra bomb runs at a dam as he wasnt happy with the previous runs. They were truly a class apart as a generation. However it did make me chuckle to myself I wonder how popular he was at the time with the rest of the crew 😂

• Options
    Off_it said:

Thats some photo, taken during the war I would have thought? Lincoln by any chance?
    Actually, I took it last week - whilst watching The Dambusters on Channel 5! ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The sun sets over Castricum aan Zee .
    80 years ago to the day that 617 Squardron flew to the Dams in The Ruhr Valley.

RIP  AVRO Lancaster ED 887 AJ-A and all crew members who died that night.