Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name the game, opposition and old player

2»

Comments

• Options
    Definitely a bus ticket roll.
    The next grade up, and the next best, we’re half used rolls of Bronco bog paper liberated from school and public latrines.
    Soft tissue killed the trade overnight.
  • Options
    I would guess that the fourth player of ours in the distance is Phil Warman in what was a particularly hairy period of his. Assuming it was Carlisle then the game was played on 22nd January 1972 and the result was 1-1
    Eamonn Rogers in the background.

Having seen the teams that would be seem to be correct given the player is not on the left side.  

The one stand out thing for me is not just each side had only one sub but neither team used one. Yes I appreciate the arguments that the game is more physical from an athletic and stamina perspective (but perhaps not from the view of the challenges that were allowed then and aren't now) but when was the last time anyone went to a game where there were no subs? If we take that argument to the nth degree then, presumably, one day ten subs will be allowed? 
    In the early days subs were only permitted if a player was injured. Not sure at this distance what year tactical substitutions were first permitted.