Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EFL CONFIRM 2023/24 KEY DATES

The EFL has confirmed the key dates for supporter's diaries ahead of the 2023/24 campaign.

EFL fixture release day kicks things off on Thursday, June 22nd when all 72 EFL clubs will release their 2023/24 schedules from 9am.

The opening round of fixtures will take place across the opening weekend of August 4th-6th with Round One of the Carabao Cup following shortly after w/c August 7th.

Wembley will play host to the Carabao Cup Final on Sunday, February 25th, 2024, in what will be the first of five showpiece Finals in the EFL calendar, with the EFL Trophy Final taking place on Sunday, April 7th.

The season-ending Sky Bet EFL Play-Offs will once again be staged at Wembley Stadium, this time across two weekends in May 2024. The League One Final will start proceedings on Saturday, May 18th, 2024.

A full list of the key dates ahead of the 2023/24 EFL season can be found below:

Fixture Release Date - Thursday, June 22nd, 2023, 9am

Start Date - Saturday,  August 5th, 2023 (with a likely live game on Friday, August 4th)

Carabao Cup Round One - w/c August 7th, 2023

Carabao Cup Final - Sunday, February 25th, 2023

EFL Trophy Round One - w/c September 4th, 2023

EFL Trophy Final - Sunday, April 7th, 2024

League One Play-Off Final - Saturday, May 18th, 2024

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/efl-confirm-202324-key-dates

Comments

• Options
    Not before time, Premier League dates were out ages ago. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-key-dates-announced-ahead-of-202324-season/

For those who care, additionally: League Two Play-off Final on 19/5/24 (day after League One) and Championship Play-off Final on 26/5/24 the following Sunday.

I would imagine that means that the League One and League Two season will finish a week earlier than the Championship season.
  • Options
    Bit confused it says season ends in May, it’s been February the last two seasons.
    Generous, our season was doomed by early September.
    5 points from 5 games, 6 from 6, 7 from 7 and 8 points from 8 games.
  • Options
    I would mark the 18th May in my diary but I've been assured by Peter Storrie & others that we are going up automatically 😄
    At least I know it’s safe to book my holiday for then.
  • Options

Fixture Release Date - Thursday, June 22nd, 2023, 9am

Start Date - Saturday,  August 5th, 2023 (with a likely live game on Friday, August 4th)

Carabao Cup Round One - w/c August 7th, 2023

Carabao Cup Final - Sunday, February 25th, 2023

EFL Trophy Round One - w/c September 4th, 2023

EFL Trophy Final - Sunday, April 7th, 2024

League One Play-Off Final - Saturday, May 18th, 2024 

Rumour that Thomas Sandgaard has found a new, potential buyer and a period of exclusivity has started - Sunday, May 19th, 2024

• Options
    Not before time, Premier League dates were out ages ago. 
    8th November 2022 PL dates were announced, what takes the EFL so long is baffling.