Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton ephemera (1985 etc)

Sorting out some boxes from my parent's attic and have come across some papers loosely related to a project I did with the club in 1985. Pictures to follow

Comments

• Options
    PMSL at the suggestion of the club making the pitch available for archery sessions. I can picture Paddy Powell's face at the suggestion, and I imagine his predecessor at the time would've been equally unimpressed.
  • Options
    Well it would appear that lasted all of 
    17 months, or until we left The Valley 21st September 1985.

Feel this could get interesting,look forward to more photos and information.

• Options
    That Red Robin edition was selected pages copied to me by Roy King to show attendances and trends over the 10 years post-way 1946 to 1956. Roy also kindly calculated and wrote out this summary:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Woolwich Building Society staff newsletter from January 1985, with Press release. In September, fans were handed the infamous leaflet which i know is elsewhere on the site but i'll drop my copy here too for the record. I was given these by letter dated 1st September, by which time the decision to move to Selhurst had been made and presumably Woolwich 'consulted' or informed some time before.

• Options
    I remember that Junior Reds flyer :)  I've rotated the detail page to make it easier to read.

IIRC my Dad still had one of our Junior Reds scarves hanging up in the basement of our old house until my parents downsized a few years ago.
  • Options
    Roy King , Paul Ellis and Paul Winton all good old names of the supporters club and indeed the Football Club.
    Still see Paul Winton and his cousin when I attend football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Despite the trauma of course we went on to get promotion that year under Lennie and i have a few cuttings showing league position and reports from the Croydon Advertiser. Notably John Fryer reportedly still out of touch with reality at the time..

• Options
    So much. John Fryers “we will never return”, Mark Reid mistaken for Mark Stuart, second tier attendances…
  • Options
    Couple of articles from back page of the Mercury Sept 19th 1985, just before we played Stoke in the final home game.

• Options
    If there had been a Freedom of Information Act back then, we’d have soon found out which of Collins and Chambers was telling the truth.
  • Options
    Despite the trauma of course we went on to get promotion that year under Lennie and i have a few cuttings showing league position and reports from the Croydon Advertiser. Notably John Fryer reportedly still out of touch with reality at the time..

Have the photo (They;ve Made It!) hangingup on the wall. Tom Morris took the photo even have some autographs of players and staff on it.
  • Options
    Especially glad i kept this one as that's my flag on the railings

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Football wise i recall the Sheffield Utd game was especially important. We won 2-0.
  • Options

Football wise i recall the Sheffield Utd game was especially important. We won 2-0.
    Yep. I was still boycotting but my Dad and his mates were going. He told me that I really should come and get behind this team as they were starting to look a bit special.