Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Abbey Wood Liz Line - parking

Hi all,
have a new job starting soon in Canary Wharf need to go office two days a week.
the easiest and cheapest way is using the liz line from Abbey Wood.
I know there is only a small car park so wondering if anyone knows best option/s of free parking that isn’t permit only nearby. Can be a bit of a walk.
or what other people do who need to drive.
thanks 

Comments

• Options
    Bexley have whacked up the prices of parking in the area, and got pretty strict, it seems more relaxed on the Greenwich side of the boundary. £16 a day at the mo

What is cheaper is parking in Woolwich above Sainsbury's and walking down Powis Street to the Lizzy there
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I drive up to Abbey Wood myself, and equally use the Liz Line

I've always parked around the top of New Road, as the permit parking ends half way up - Unfortunately when I was in the Office last week (for the first time in a few weeks), they'd started adding yellow lines, and bays along the road beyond the Permit bays now, so parking is extremely limited, I got there at 6:45am and there werent very many options.

Instead I had to park along Harvel Crescent, right at the top (the gradiant of the hill at that point is tough on the legs)

Suspect I'll need to park along Woolwich Road at times, worst case scenario

There are also some No Through Roads (Carrill Way | Blakemore Way etc.) off Abbey Road (In the direction of Belvedre), which dont have yellow lines when you jump on Google Street view. Whether that still the case, whether you can get parked there based on how busy it gets, or whether they've added bays / yellow lines recently... I dont know.

Bit frustrating really... Abbey Wood already has extremely limited options in terms of car parking for the station, train fares from further away require a Pay rise that companies arent offering, so doesnt help when the Council limit the options, especially when the bays they've introduced didnt impact Houses as its been put in the woodland sections.

Rant over.
  • Options
    My wife drives all the way and parks at Waitrose under Canary Wharf.  It's about £18 a day I think but it still works out cheaper than the faast train from Ebbsfleet
  • Options
    My other half drives and parks at the end of Alsike Road. It can get busy quick, but sometimes the later in the morning it is, the locals leave and creates spaces. All completely free still at the moment. It’s a long road so you tend to find a spot.
  • Options
    I think you can park in Sainsbury's by the station all day for a cost

Parking on Harrow Manorway, Abbey Wood, SE2 - from £5.10/hour (justpark.com)

• Options

Found it nigh on impossible to pre-book on week days. Spaces get snapped up months in advance 
  • Options

Found it nigh on impossible to pre-book on week days. Spaces get snapped up months in advance 
    Happy to sell you a spot for a tenner ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Swisdom said:
    My wife drives all the way and parks at Waitrose under Canary Wharf.  It's about £18 a day I think but it still works out cheaper than the faast train from Ebbsfleet
    It’s £18 if you book the day before.
  • Options
    I saw a notice tonight on the Gayton Rd Car park , the one next to the station, that there will be another 100 space car park opening in May in Felixstowe Road, which is on the Liz line side of the station as opposed to the Gayton Road side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    The NCP at West India Quay by the Marriott is another good option and used to be cheaper than Waitrose.
  • Options
    @FULLERpromise think Bostall Lane is the last road after restrictions so can park at the bottom of there and along the bottom of Blithdale Road.

Only a 5-10 minute stroll to the station and nothing up hill.
  • Options
    Greenwich Council have been revising time limits for parking on some streets and introducing chargers on others. Make sure you check the signs.
  • Options
    Bexley Council are set to reopen a car park on Felixstowe Road near Abbey Wood station.
    https://www.fromthemurkydepths.co.uk/2023/05/29/abbey-wood-station-car-park-to-open/
  • Options
    I think getting the bus could be the best option. 

From Bexleyheath, it’s a very pleasant walk to the station in the morning, not so great walking home…
  • Options

Changes to Abbey Wood parking regulations to support community needs

Following consultation with residents and businesses, the Council is changing parking regulations around Abbey Wood station to protect parking for the local community and reduce congestion.
    Starting from 4 September 2023, the existing Abbey Wood (AW) Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) will be extended to include additional roads and a second CPZ, known as the Outer Abbey Wood (OA) CPZ will be created in other local roads. The two CPZs will help regulate parking and reduce congestion around the area. Signs and road markings will be installed in weeks before the CPZs become operational.

https://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/AbbeyWoodCPZupdate?fbclid=IwAR22INfoGb4tpnXUs1M2yn71VU4697InW4ERWFmGd3mFr0NWcCfaRyG_1O0