Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are you doing this coming Saturday, 6th May, that isn't coronation-related?

edited May 2023 in Not Sports Related
Just thought I'd start a separate thread for those who, as AFKA has mentioned, have an aversion/have been asked to take a back seat.

I'll be playing cricket, theoretically, but I imagine it'll piss it down - so instead I'll be standing around muttering not-so-knowledgeably about clouds "just missing us" and weather fronts, until the game is called off, and then go drink in the clubhouse. Or whatever.

How about you?

Comments

• Options
    I’ll be in bed
  • Options
    Nephews 10th birthday party.  His brother was born on the same day as George 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Just thought I'd start a separate thread for those who, as AFKA has mentioned, have an aversion/have been asked to take a back seat.

I'll be playing cricket, theoretically, but I imagine it'll piss it down - so instead I'll be standing around muttering not-so-knowledgeably about clouds "just missing us" and weather fronts, until the game is called off, and then go drink in the clubhouse. Or whatever.

How about you?
    I'll be at cricket too - in Canterbury. Long way to go to watch the players ducking the showers only for the game to eventually be called off at 5.00pm
  • Options
    Playing cricket on a Saturday as I have done since 1974 😊
  • Options
    Playing golf
  • Options
    Going to an exhibition, Mike Nelson: Extinction Beckons.

Then probably watching Frankie Boyles, ‘End of the Monarchy’ on catch up Chanel 4 and hoping beyond hope it’s true.
  • Options
    Going out for lunch with my daughters and then to the cinema.
  • Options
    Travelling to Cheltenham before the real event of the weekend....
  • Options
    Trying to find a TV channel that isn't covering it!
  • Options
    Having needles stuck in my arm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walking the dog. Playing music. Making curry. Singing the red flag. Sorry did I say that out loud?
  • Options
    12 hr shift at work 
  • Options
    Taking a morning shit...  THEN watch the majestic display of tradition, soap opera, ceremonial prowess and organisation. 

Should be over by lunchtime so will then jump onto CL to read the hilarious comments of both sides of the arguement, whatever the fuck that is...
  • Options
    Fair play Paddy for starting this thread and actually taking in what afka said. I’ll be playing golf but I hope people that are celebrating have a good day. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
  • Options
    Doing a few jobs in my wife’s nursery that can’t be done during the week when the children are there. 

As VG said above I hope all those that are celebrating enjoy it and I hope the weather stays fine, especially on Sunday for the street parties 
  • Options
    Playing golf at Reigate Hills followed by a light lunch and a couple of pints
  • Options
    Hope all you golfers and cricketers have checked the weather, Saturday looks worse than Sunday 
  • Options
    Mods Mayday concert in Islington. Disappointed to be missing it, would have gone to the street party at my mums if it hadn't clashed. Hope all watching/going have a great day and the weather isn't too bad (doesn't look great though).
  • Options
    Golf and painting my garden fence
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Umpiring in the KCL
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Golf and painting my garden fence
    How are you going to hold your clubs if you've got a paintbrush in your hand?
  • Options
    Mods Mayday concert in Islington. Disappointed to be missing it, would have gone to the street party at my mums if it hadn't clashed. Hope all watching/going have a great day and the weather isn't too bad (doesn't look great though).
    The thought of watching cabbles, AFKA and aliwibble in concert is enough to put anyone off 😂
  • Options
    Finally after a few false starts I have a new greenhouse going up, base all done with the frame going up today, hopefully all done by Monday ready for the plants 🌵 too move in.
  • Options
    I'm on a stag do so will be paintballing! 
  • Options
    One of those track day experience vouchers - the missus bought me it ages ago, fortunate timing tho eh (I mean the weather forecast) I think its a Lambo delgado, and a couple of others. To be honest its more for my 13 year old who is driving too. Not sure how long it takes so might be finished in time, really not bothered - I'm in two minds about the monarchy frankly. Charles should do a stint then move on, he's been around way too long.
  • Options
    Usually weekend stuff a middle ages bloke does. 

Bit annoying to have three bank holidays in the same month and not have them spread about a bit. First world problems by definition!
  • Options
    Literally anything else... prepping for moving house 
  • Options
    Hearing Aid appointment.