Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 CL Prediction League Week 37 Results

There is just one week left in the Prediction League season, with @GoOnYouHaddocks needing four points to be certain of taking the 2022-23 Trophy. Week 37 was a tough week; the highest score was 5 points. The only person achieving that score was @Buglehorn, with an excellent effort. @Tutt-Tutt, @soapboxsam, @sarge1g and @alan dugdale all scored 4 points, but it was a week when getting the correct score was difficult in most matches. @addix and @RickAddick continue their streaks of scoring 2+ and will be hoping to reach the landmark of 10 consecutive weeks this weekend. End-of-season blues are obviously affecting some competitors. Three people spelt Charlton wrongly. In the same week, @flyingkiwiDK predicted the results of the weekend's games that had already been played on Monday, having made three predictions previously, while @ken_shabby decided to invent a game between Morecambe and Wigan. By the way, @flyingkiwiDK scored 2 points from the original predictions and 2 points for the predictions made after the games had been played. And so, as the fat lady warms up her vocal cords, I wish you all good luck in the final week of this year's competition and thank you for taking part. As usual, just pick your favoured three games, although everyone knows the ropes by now, with a couple of minor exceptions as indicated above.

This week's mini-statbank

Graveyard prediction of the week: Accrington Stanley 1 Cambridge United 2 (0 correct scores, 0 correct results, 12 wrong predictions)
Easy peasy prediction of the week: West Bromwich Albion 2 Norwich City 1 (4 correct scores, 3 correct results, 2 wrong predictions)
Zero to hero predictor(s): @Buglehorn (0 points last week, 5 points this week)
Charlton result: Charlton v Port Vale 3-2 (29 predictions - 0 correct scores, 23 correct results, 6 wrong predictions)
Unfancied fixture of the week: Hull City 1 Swansea City 1 (4 predictions - 0 correct scores, 0 correct results, 4 wrong predictions)
Competitor in the same position as Charlton: @flyingkiwiDK (10th)
Longest streak of scoring 2+ each week - 9 weeks: @addix, @RickAddick
Longest streak of scoring 1 or less each week - 9 weeks: @Rossman92
Formguide - best over last 4 weeks: @Bangkokaddick 15, @flyingkiwiDK 15, @Curbsgoldenera 13, @RickAddick 13, @Swerve 13, @Beardface 12, @paulbaconsarnie 12, @Pessimist Pete 12, @redlanered 12, @addix 11
Best prediction of the week: @alan dugdale - Stoke 0 QPR 1 (11 predictions, 0 correct scores, 1 correct result, 10 wrong predictions)
Worst prediction(s) of the week: : @Bournemouth Addick - Brighton & Hove Albion v Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2
Biggest riser of the week: @Buglehorn from 14th League One to 21st Championship
Biggest faller of the week: @lancashire lad from 17th League One to 5th League Two
Division Leaders: Premier League - @GoOnYouHaddocks , Championship - @Chippycafc , League One - @MrOneLung , League Two - @tommo , National - @Seabros , National South - @Hopeful Harriet

This week's scores
Buglehorn ... 5
Tutt-Tutt ... 4
soapboxsam ... 4
sarge1g ... 4
alan dugdale ... 4
T_C_E ... 3
Swerve ... 3
stackitsteve ... 3
RickAddick ... 3
ParkinsonOut ... 3
PaddyP17 ... 3
NorthheathAddick ... 3
moutuakilla ... 3
meldrew66 ... 3
Macronate ... 3
Killarahales ... 3
Karim_myBagheri ... 3
Jonniesta ... 3
Johnnysummers5 ... 3
GoOnYouHaddocks ... 3
AFKABartram ... 3
addix ... 3
WHAddick ... 2
Webbja77 ... 2
walshiesleftfoot ... 2
tommo ... 2
timken ... 2
ThreadKiller ... 2
theeenorth ... 2
thai malaysia addick ... 2
Tavern ... 2
StrikerFirmani ... 2
Sillybilly ... 2
Seabros ... 2
Scott ... 2
SaySomething ... 2
Saulc23 ... 2
robroy ... 2
redlanered ... 2
rananegra ... 2
philcafc ... 2
Pessimist Pete ... 2
Pedro45 ... 2
paulbaconsarnie ... 2
oohaahmortimer ... 2
MrOneLung ... 2
Low_Ears ... 2
LenGlover ... 2
killerandflash ... 2
johnnybev1987 ... 2
IdleHans ... 2
Hamlet ... 2
foresthillred ... 2
Follower Fred ... 2
flyingkiwiDK ... 2
fat man on a moped ... 2
Dazzler21 ... 2
dajavouslagan ... 2
Curbsgoldenera ... 2
covered_end_junior ... 2
clive ... 2
Chris_from_Sidcup ... 2
Chicken_Skins ... 2
ChicagoAddick ... 2
charente addick ... 2
BR7_addick ... 2
Bournemouth Addick ... 2
Bods64 ... 2
Blackheathen ... 2
Beardface ... 2
barstool ... 2
Addick Addict ... 2
56yearsofdreams ... 2
WestSussexAddick ... 1
Viewfinder ... 1
Starinnaddick ... 1
sholland ... 1
seth plum ... 1
Rossman92 ... 1
Redmidland ... 1
RC_CAFC ... 1
RaplhMilne ... 1
paulie8290 ... 1
Paddy Powell ... 1
No.1 in South London ... 1
Nicholas ... 1
MrLargo ... 1
lindos480 ... 1
Lewis Coaches ... 1
ken_shabby ... 1
Hopeful Harriet ... 1
Dansk_Red ... 1
Covered End ... 1
CL_Phantom ... 1
Chippycafc ... 1
chezzafromcharlton ... 1
charscot ... 1
Charlton_Stu ... 1
cafcwill ... 1
cafc375 ... 1
blackpool72 ... 1
Bill_Stumps ... 1
Big_Bob ... 1
bellz2002 ... 1
Taxi_Lad ... 0
stonemuse ... 0
siblers ... 0
Rudders22 ... 0
JamesSeed ... 0
Frankie_de_Toro ... 0
Billyboy ... 0
BertieB ... 0

Comments

• Options
    Charlton again making sure they had a scoreline that nobody could predict
  • Options
    So much fecking pressure!
  • Options
    Double whammy too. If you score nought, you’ll probably drop from the Prem to Champ. More mind games from me as I’m hoping for a late surge back to the Prem.
  • Options
    Double whammy too. If you score nought, you’ll probably drop from the Prem to Champ. More mind games from me as I’m hoping for a late surge back to the Prem.
    I had realised that, much to my disappointment!
    Am I right in thinking on all other weeks a missed prediction would give me an average score (perhaps 2 points guaranteed), but this is not available on the last week? Small margins at the elite end of the table and all that! Not that I would consider such a dastardly tactic.
    I threw away at least one point earlier this year by putting the teams for one prediction the wrong way round and then applying what turned out to be a correct result against what I had written down. Unfortunately your program wasn't generous enough to pick this up and give me the benefit of the doubt... Couldn't believe it as I normally check carefully what I have put down before pressing 'post'.
    For a while this year a big frustration was being four or so points off the Prem week after week and not being able to close the gap!
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking on all other weeks a missed prediction would give me an average score (perhaps 2 points guaranteed), but this is not available on the last week? Small margins at the elite end of the table and all that! Not that I would consider such a dastardly tactic.
    I threw away at least one point earlier this year by putting the teams for one prediction the wrong way round and then applying what turned out to be a correct result against what I had written down. Unfortunately your program wasn't generous enough to pick this up and give me the benefit of the doubt... Couldn't believe it as I normally check carefully what I have put down before pressing 'post'.
    For a while this year a big frustration was being four or so points off the Prem week after week and not being able to close the gap!
    You’re quite right. You can’t claim the average score for the last week. I’ve got the opposite problem. I’ve been in the Premier League but a slide has put me in the Champ. I shouldn’t have signed Bonne.
  • Options
    You’re quite right. You can’t claim the average score for the last week. I’ve got the opposite problem. I’ve been in the Premier League but a slide has put me in the Champ. I shouldn’t have signed Bonne.
    Self harm?
  • Options
    After more dissatisfaction and disappointment from the fans and board about our league position it has been made clear to me.

If we finish the season in League 1 after being in the Premier League not long ago then my position will become Untenable and I will be removed 

So a big final week for me and my boys coming up, I feel we need a score of 3 minimum to keep me in my job next season