Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite sports presenter

Hazel Irvine by a mile for me. Knowledgeable, modest and knows how to comduct an interview. She's not obsessed about her profile.

Comments

• Options
    Always liked Steve Ryder, not for the Charlton connections on the BBC

Jeff Stelling and Scott Minto (again no Charlton bias) as well...

The latter was excellent covering the EFL and should never have been replaced in that role

Favourite pundit is probably Don Goodman, really good voice for EFL games
  • Options
    Fave pundit for me is Ally McCoist by a mile. Insightful, funny and you can tell he just loves football!

Worst: Alan Smith... boring as shit. There are some stinkers that come close though!
  • Options
    Nasser Hussain has done some fantastic presentation work away from the commentary booth
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Laura Woods, I'm not sure why though. 
    She’s legitimately a very good presenter.

Presenter: still think Lineker takes some beating. 

Pundits: Alex Scott, McCoist, Aluko and Pat Nevin
  • Options

Totally agree. Beautiful voice never stumbles her words or ums and ahhs. Very knowledgeable as well as extremely pleasing on the eye. 
  • Options
    The one that only says ‘Hello, here’s the action’.
  • Options
    Hazel Irvine by a mile for me. Knowledgeable, modest and knows how to comduct an interview. She's not obsessed about her profile.

She is a very good presenter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Totally agree. Beautiful voice never stumbles her words or ums and ahhs. Very knowledgeable as well as extremely pleasing on the eye. 
    Plus her breakfast show rapport with McCoist is great.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Orla Chennaoui and Ned Boulting for Cycling … both excellent 
    I believe Ned is Charlton?
  • Options
    Tabatha Cash
  • Options
    Bianca Westwood with Jeff Stelling. 😀⚽️
  • Options

McCoist, Aluko, Nevin fair enough. Scott?? Complete inability to communicate and present what might be good knowledge. Lineker wasn't great when he started but he developed quickly. Scott is still struggling after several years. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I know he's just hung up the mic - but no one comes close to the legendary Michael Holding. 
    An all-time commentator. Presenter, though? I guess he did do some of that work - cricket tends to have an overlap
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    Has to be Micah Richards, brings out the joy in all the other ones. However, the Carragher/Neville dynamic is and has always been hilarious 
    It must be a generational thing. Richards isn't a sports presenter, he a very annoying pundit.

Google or Youtube Harry Carpenter / David Coleman etc for proper sports presenters...
    A lot of presenters/pundits have next to no knowledge of sport in general - come across as lazy and not interested. Carpenter and Coleman both knew their stuff.

Too many presenters/pundits now seem more concerned with their own profile. The level of ignorance stuns me on occasions.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Go along with Chappers, Ola and Ned from ITV cycling, and of course Scott Hanson who does NFL Redzone
  • Options
    Pundits -
    Keane
    Ferdinand
    Aaron Mclean (Can not understand why ain't on more, across the channels)
  • Options
    last_line said:
    stonemuse said:
    Orla Chennaoui and Ned Boulting for Cycling … both excellent 
    I believe Ned is Charlton?
    Lives in Lewisham but not sure who he supports 
  • Options
    Jeff Stelling as a presenter. I like Mark Chapman too. Don't listen to Laura Woods radio show but on TV she comes across as incredibly wooden so never understood the fuss.
  • Options
    Jeff Stelling as a presenter. I like Mark Chapman too. Don't listen to Laura Woods radio show but on TV she comes across as incredibly wooden so never understood the fuss.
    Find her very lightweight and bland as a presenter.
  • Options
    There are a few.  Colin Murray, although very excitable, is very knowledgeable. Gary Lineker is annoyingly good.

Laura Woods is one of the best in my opinion. Nothing to do with her looks (although that's bonus), she's just a very good presenter. 

Hazel Irvine on Snooker & Jackie Oakley on darts are both very good. 

I cannot stand Alex Scott, I think she's dreadful. 
  • Options
    There are a few.  Colin Murray, although very excitable, is very knowledgeable. Gary Lineker is annoyingly good.

Laura Woods is one of the best in my opinion. Nothing to do with her looks (although that's bonus), she's just a very good presenter. 

Hazel Irvine on Snooker & Jackie Oakley on darts are both very good. 

I cannot stand Alex Scott, I think she's dreadful. 
    Colin Murray is a really good radio presenter - very well informed on numerous topics.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Tabatha Cash
    Can't imagine why you've suggested her!!