Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale | Saturday 29th April 2023 - 3pm KO

Last home match of the season saw goals from Tyrese Campbell, Jes Rak-Sakyi, and Miles Leaburn. The match was quite a flat affair with both sides having nothing much at stake.

Charlton 3 Port Vale 2

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    It's taken til the last home game of the season, but  by passing 60 points, it's officially marginally less crap than last season. Yay. 
  • Options
    We aren't completely crap, just very inconsistent and reliant on a few key players.
  • Options
    We could just have seen Leaburn's last goal for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he'll score against Cheltenham!
  • Options
    Yet another late penalty against us for handball 
  • Options
    We'd have been truly fucked without JRS and Leaburn. It's always a chance whether a loan will work out and luckily it did and then Miles did more than we could have hoped for. If there is no takeover I fear for our League One future next season.
    I agree.
  • Options
    Adequate performance today. Looked good going forward in patches, still look vulnerable at the back. A LOT of work for Holden over the summer, with the number of out of contact players and our weak spine 
  • Options
    Didn't hang about for Dean Holden's special word - did I miss anything?
  • Options
    Didn't hang about for Dean Holden's special word - did I miss anything?
    Don't worry they were in a good place. So was i,  home indoors!
  • Options
    Two piss poor teams.
  • Options
    Fell asleep twice watching the stream. Missed Leaburn's goal.

Bored shitless for the time I was awake. Utterly disconnected from all things Charlton. I honestly don't know if the buzz will ever come back

Not sure I would be overly bothered about any of the squad leaving. Maybe Leaburn, but TBH I have already resigned myself to him being gone the second a bid is made.

Would be interested to see how many hung around for the lap of piss taking....not many I'd guess.
  • Options
    Just watched DH video, I am sure he said final score was 3-1. I am sure someone will correct me if not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

people kept saying he was going in jan but nothing happened , now people saying he going in the summer if you keep saying one day you’d be correct , but he will be here in Aug 
  • Options
    Dont think it was a foul for their first and don't think it was a pen either. Other than a little flourish start of the second half they barely threatened. Should have been well clear by half time. Port Vale were awful.
  • Options
    PWR

First game in around 6 weeks. Thought we played ok but definitely end of the season feel....until I realised that PV could still get relegated. Then I wanted us to beat them handsomely but MK decided to throw away a 3 goal lead.....numpties. 

Good to see the front 3 all.s ore but sad to say that at least 1 wont be here next season & probably 2 wont be. Same with the back 4 - probably only Clare here next season.

Morgan will never make it & Dobson stil gives his all. 

Wont be buying a ST & will pick & choose games......

• Options
    Gonna miss that Rak boy next year, but overall we were more attack minded today. 
    Fraser on 7.5k a week and never makes a tackle. 
    He needs to liven up next season. 
  • Options
    If we keep shipping goals we're going nowhere. Where the hell would we have finished without JRS?
  • Options
    Very good game considering nothing in it Vale had some good little players but that was their problem they were a small side and like a lot of teams rely on set plays and don’t look dangerous enough from open play .

we controlled first half Fraser outstanding running mid .. Hector and Thomas strong  at the back and a good goal from Campbell following a defensive mistake . .. Second half , Raki who was having a quite game suddenly come to life and goal .. but another mistake from AMB and it was 2-1 another who was having a poor game Leaburn grabbed the third and the ref summed up his handling of the game giving a shocking pen , not sure how Thomas could get out the way .. he was terrible the whole game …. good 3 points and a win at home , I think that’s 3 defeats in last 11 

He could have got out of the way by not having his left arm at a right-angle to his body. 
  • Options
    Mmmmmh some very dodgy keeping for their first goal.