Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Port Vale | Saturday 29th April 2023 - 3pm KO

edited April 2023 in General Charlton
@eastterrace6168 is otherwise engaged, so I'm deputising today. It's the final home game of the season - we've got nothing to play for, Port Vale can technically still go down but it's highly unlikely, and it's a lovely sunny day, so I suspect the highlight of the day will be the Upbeats (although they've just been beaten by Everton who scored some absolutely cracking goals). From the looks of things we're back to Holden's preferred starting eleven out of those we've got available.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Hector, Thomas, Sessegnon; Dobson (c), Morgan, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Campbell

Substitutes: Wollacott, Kane, Egbo, Mitchell, Henry, Payne, Kanu

Comments

• Options
    Surprised Kane not starting, need to see if he's good enough. Thought Mitchell might get a start too. Otherwise it's as expected.
  • Options
    No Bonne at all.....again.

What a shitshow of a signing. 
    That's a silver lining then, won't have to watch him get offside all the time 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Hopefully he’s been enough of a dickhead that we won’t offer him a new contract.
    I think the situation there is pretty clear! 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Hopefully he’s been enough of a dickhead that we won’t offer him a new contract.
    🙏
  • Options
    Bonne had actually been playing ok for us, but threw that away with his social media post.

Not surprised by that starting lineup, which to me is our first choice 11 
  • Options

Only beaten by the signing of Chucks !

I'm sure when all the dust has settled and we are onto the next bunch of idiot owners TS will reflect on his time here and the dough he pissed up the wall on stupid signings he will recognise that he could have spent alot less and got far more of a return if he had surrounded himself with the right people. Nobody can say he hasnt spent on players since he came in, we just got mugged off and the people around him either couldn't see it or allowed it. A fool and his money are easily parted. Even more so in football than many other areas

• Options
    Yeah would prefer to see more of the kids at this pointless stage of the season

Not surprised by the line up though

Only going to have half an eye on the game at the start, what with the F1 Sprint Race on in five minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Bonne, Lovely! 3 points please 
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MacCauley Binne. Quite right too.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    MacCauley Binne. Quite right too.
    Would have used Macauley Gonne myself but that works too  ;)
  • Options
    Beautiful weather...

Hopefully last time we hear 'Addicks to Victory'...
  • Options
    Sitting in the ground and when I heard it thought the same thing 
  • Options
    Harvey dancing and clapping along to Hey Hey Sandgaard. I assume whoever's in the costume doesn't know the words 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's more love and appreciation for the young Upbeats than our first team.
  • Options
    They have a lot more passion..
  • Options
    This is gonna be 3-0 or 4-0 to the mighty addicks 
  • Options
    Good I love them and hate our first team …

thanks for updates 
    watching cricket down in Southend with a fresh sea breeze 
  • Options

• Options
    C'mon boys, let's go out with a whimper!
  • Options
    1. 1'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by David Worrall.

• Options
    4' YELLOW CARD Sean Clare is the first to receive a booking for his challenge on Mal Benning.
  • Options
    If Fraser had a proper-working right foot he could have shot and scored.

Instead he passed (badly) and it all went to shit.
  • Options
    1. 5'

Post update

Offside, Port Vale. Daniel Butterworth tries a through ball, but Jamie Proctor is caught offside.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!