Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jerry Springer RIP

Passed away at age 79 according to TMZ.

Comments

• Options
    Clever and witty man. RIP
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    Changed the way television operated.. 
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP.
    Enjoyed a hospitality day with him at Twickenham a few years ago, very interesting man.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Used to love his mad programmes... RIP. 
  • Options
    Uses to get home at the Venue 4-5am and it was always on ITV, used to watch it whilst trying to stop the room spinning before going to bed!  RIP Jerry!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Very interesting person. He was born in Highgate station in North London whilst his parents were sheltering from bombs during WW2.

RIP Jerry

“Take care of yourself, and each other”
  • Options
    We went to see Jerry Springer the opera, back in 03/04 very funny though a 'little' bit dark for some, RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    cafctom said:
    Very interesting person. He was born in Highgate station in North London whilst his parents were sheltering from bombs during WW2.

RIP Jerry

“Take care of yourself, and each other”
    I never knew that

RIP Jerry
  • Options
    Best thing on TV about 20 years back. His off duty cop stage minders were huge and scary, especially Steve.

RIP
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    comedy gold, IF you like that sorta thing .. went the distance in giving lots of bizarre people (and struggling actors) what Warhol predicted .. 15 minutes of 'fame'

Springer, as said, born in a London underground station during a German WW2 bombing campaign was a very clever, resourceful and successful man in more than one role .. R I P
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    His show was a massive promotion for the race to the bottom of our society, encouraging exaggerated bad behaviour, shock stuff and general dregs wanting to be famous for whatever reason. It spawned a heap more trash like Jeremy Kyle show etc.

However, it was funny. Nothing more cringe hilarious than seeing the angry ex introduced and knowing within two steps it was all gonna kick off. Scene cut then the next scene the set in chaos people pulled apart and the crowd chanting “Steve, Steve, Steve” as he holds back some 4ft asthmatic aunt psycho.

”Next up with got Blake. How ya doin Blake? now Blake, you admit you frequently break into your ex Letitia’s apartment, masterbate over her panties, and defecate into the tug of Haggan Das in the fridge. Let’s bring our Letitia’s new husband Gus…”

Someone Springer remained likeable through it all!

(and Letitia would ditch Gus and get back together with Blake!)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Uses to get home at the Venue 4-5am and it was always on ITV, used to watch it whilst trying to stop the room spinning before going to bed!  RIP Jerry!
    Did you live on the London Eye?
  • Options
    His show was a massive promotion for the race to the bottom of our society, encouraging exaggerated bad behaviour, shock stuff and general dregs wanting to be famous for whatever reason. It spawned a heap more trash like Jeremy Kyle show etc.

However, it was funny. Nothing more cringe hilarious than seeing the angry ex introduced and knowing within two steps it was all gonna kick off. Scene cut then the next scene the set in chaos people pulled apart and the crowd chanting “Steve, Steve, Steve” as he holds back some 4ft asthmatic aunt psycho.

”Next up with got Blake. How ya doin Blake? now Blake, you admit you frequently break into your ex Letitia’s apartment, masterbate over her panties, and defecate into the tug of Haggan Das in the fridge. Let’s bring our Letitia’s new husband Gus…”

Someone Springer remained likeable through it all!

(and Letitia would ditch Gus and get back together with Blake!)
    Unlike Jeremy Kyle it was scripted. TV has definitely improved since then though!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    This was very weird. I hadn't thought about Jerry Springer in years until yesterday when he popped in my head. I ended up watching his best bits on YouTube. Later that day I read that he had died.

Probably some Derren Brown-like suggestion of the mind where I had seen something out of the corner of my eye and not even noticed.