Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich defeat - refund??????

A see that the Spurs players are refunding their supporters who attended the 6-1 defeat at Newcastle, pity our lot won't do the same for our 6-0 defeat, at least Spurs did score a goal.

Comments

• Options
    I was a little bit surprised there wasn't a refund offered after that, seemed like a classic Dean Holden move based on how he normally acts. I guess last time this happened there was a player with enough about him in Jacko to take the lead on refunding. Sandgaard isn't interested enough to do it so it would have had to be between Holden and the players to take it on and our players don't earn quite as much as the Spurs players. Or any Spurs player.
  • Options
    I suspect Spurs players have more money than they know what to do with, certainly compared to ours.
  • Options
    I'm still awaiting refunds from 2016 when we lost to Huddersfield 5-0 (Jan 12th) .. than to Hull 6-0 (Jan 16th) NOT a good week for us in Sunny Yorkshire .. One redeeming point perhaps, Hull had a VERY good team that season including Harry Maguire and Andrew Robertson
  • Options
    I'm still awaiting refunds from 2016 when we lost to Huddersfield 5-0 (Jan 12th) .. than to Hull 6-0 (Jan 16th) NOT a good week for us in Sunny Yorkshire .. One redeeming point perhaps, Hull had a VERY good team that season including Harry Maguire and Andrew Robertson
    Refunds were offered after that game.
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70974/huddersfield-refund/p1
  • Options
    clive said:
    cheers Clive, I drove there across from N E Lincs, bought the ticket through the CAFC website ..  whatever, it :) looks like I'm seven years and several regimes too late ..
     but what about 'Ull ? that was an even worse performance  >:)
  • Options
    Unfortunately I didn't see any kind of social media apologies from the players following that debacle. The least that they could have done but not entirely surprised this season. Players will never care like supporters do.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    The big difference between the side that lost to Hull & Huddersfield (captained by Jackson & including Solly etc) & the current squad, is that none of the current crop give a shit (& would dream of offering a refund).

There’s never been such a poor connection between players and fans as there is with the current bunch.

Spurs players refund their fans after they lose 6-1. Charlton players ‘like’ Ipswich social media posts celebrating the thrashing after they lose 6-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Which player did the interview after that game when the management team were too cowardly? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    Which player did the interview after that game when the management team were too cowardly? 
    Henderson
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    Henderson
    Cheers. Was doing my head in
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    Henderson
  • Options
    We choose to follow our clubs. No one forces us. You’ve got to take the rough with the smooth, despite how much the rough can piss you off 
    I've considered ratcheting it up a notch by suing my late father's estate, but as I was the beneficiary I've decided not to pursue this action.
    My father had a Cortina estate like that. Always late, he was.
  • Options
    I was at the Luton 7-1 defeat and got an Uber there....... looking for a 250 quid refund
  • Options
    clive said:
    cheers Clive, I drove there across from N E Lincs, bought the ticket through the CAFC website ..  whatever, it :) looks like I'm seven years and several regimes too late ..

There you go mate, produce your match ticket next time at The Valley and demand a refund.  If they do it for Ipswich, I'm certainly going to ask as I was at Hull(a cracking day out btw aside from the result).
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:

Sir Karel was out of a job by the time he got back on the coach, I cannot say I blame him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2023
    clive said:

Hull played like Barcelona that day, they could have been near to nine if chances went their way.
    I'd have to say that was the lowest point I have experienced in my time following Charlton since '76.
  • Options
    Whereas we had the crocked Rhys Williams in defence...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I suspect Spurs players have more money than they know what to do with, certainly compared to ours.
    What?! They get paid?!!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    If they refunded the supporters every time Charlton delivered a shit performance they would all be bankrupt.
  • Options
    We choose to follow our clubs. No one forces us. You’ve got to take the rough with the smooth, despite how much the rough can piss you off 
    or even the rough with the slightly more rough.   ;)
  • Options
    what's the score benchmark then for a refund?
  • Options
    Every time we lose 6-0 we should get a refund. 
  • Options
    If we lose and I was there.