Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lap of Dishonour

Well it’s the final home game and time for the annual discussion on the players taking plaudits from the crowd for their efforts this season.
How sad that we should even be discussing this.
I am torn, will probably stay as there are a few that really deserve our thanks but could feel quite awkward.

Comments

• Options
    If they have any sense they'll do it straight after the final whistle otherwise the place will be empty 
    unless we've just been pumped
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    If they have any sense they'll do it straight after the  final whistle half time whistle otherwise the place will be empty 
    worse case scenario.
  • Options
    If they have any sense they'll do it straight after the final whistle otherwise the place will be empty 
    Agreed. I'm not hanging around while they disappear to the dressing room first. Not after the season we've had
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They can do what they want, although I always think it a little cringe celebrating mediocrity. 
    In my opinion none of the playing or coaching staff deserve a round of applause, I think the bang average players have looked decent because of the shockers  we have in the squad.
    Maybe a round of applause before the start of the game when there is at least some crowd there. Either way I will be giving it a miss.

• Options
    Those that do deserve a round of applause are the dedicated staff who work behind the scenes, the likes of Tracey, Ravi who sadly is moving on and all the others too numerous to mention.
    How about the club organises that we get a chance to recognise their efforts, the players could even form a guard of honour for them.
  • Options
    Isn't it usually spun up with some piffle about it being the players' opportunity to thank us for our support all season?
    Won't make a jot of difference, the stands will be 2/3 empty before kick off and 9/10 empty within 5 minutes of the final whistle.
    If any of the staff want the ego boost of seeing bods applauding them, they're gonna have to sprint around like Keely Hodgkinson to see more than a few people's backs.
    There's been a lot of dross in the squad this term but there's been far more than our fair share of shitty performances too - applauding that is perverse.
  • Options
    I wonder if Thomas / our new owner will be parachuting in with the red arrows, serenading us with a rendition of Valley Floyd road on electric guitar. 🪂 🎸 
    Don't put ideas in his head!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They should really announce who is being retained just ahead of the last home game so we know who we can boo without any amount of awkwardness next season. Ideally Holden's entire selling strategy would be great, I'm not going to boo Clare if he'll be here next season, I'll feel like an arsehole. Is Leaburn leaving? Do I turn on him? Can I yell abuse at some of the loans knowing there's a chance we might make them permanent next season? It's a real minefield.
  • Options
    It's a shame there can't be two laps of honour, one for the players (who I would applaud because it's not their fault that the majority aren't good enough), and one for the Sandgaards. Now that'd be interesting.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I'll probably be on the A2 by the time they decide to show, long way to go home and sure they can survive without my contribution...Can't think that they want to be there anyway...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    cherryorchard saioh I'm sure he doesn't d:
    I wonder if Thomas / our new owner will be parachuting in with the red arrows, serenading us with a rendition of Valley Floyd road on electric guitar. 🪂 🎸 
    Don't put ideas in his head!
    Oh I'm sure it's already crossed his mind, he doesn't need any help on that score.

• Options
    Imagine the appetite for it from the fans’ side will largely be dictated by how the game itself goes on the day. 

Fans are fickle after all.