Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barry Humphries - RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    Saw him live in a theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue a goos while back now.
    A very funny man, who made me laugh a great deal.
    Can recommend his outrageous dog story on one of his Parky Christmas shows……you’ll find it on YouTube.
    RIP……Barry……RIP.
  • Options
    Is there going to be a third.P. O'Grady now Barry Humpjries.
  • Options
    Flipped channels last week to see him on a (not so recent) Rick Stein programme about his love of food & Cornwall....filmed at St Enedoc. So different to his 2 alto ego's, of which Sir Les Patterson is my favourite.

Clever & very funny man. RIP. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Saw him at the Whitehall theatre in Les Paterson has a stand up.
    Brilliantly unique character. Riding the sausage train to Tuna City was a the finale. RIP
  • Options
    I too saw him on stage in London 40 years or so ago.  Still makes me laugh thinking about it.  RIP Barry.
  • Options
    RIP a genuine comedy legend.  Les Paterson was just my type of vulgar.
  • Options
    Saw him at Drury Lane Theatre years ago. It was such a cracking show that I went again the following night and enjoyed it just as much. He was a very clever man with brilliant wit, timing and delivery. 
  • Options
    RIP, a very funny man. 
  • Options
    RIP. Great at what he did.
  • Options
    RIP, brilliant comedic wit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    whilst all deaths r sad, the amount of minutes silences and the likes these days has got ridiculous and i've never understood why there are so many rip threads on here - however, sir les patterson was a marvellous thing and a truly brilliant bit of comedy - RIP sir les
  • Options
    Saw him live a few years ago, proper belly laughs, a funny erudite man. 
    Will be a great loss.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    This news upset me. RIP Barry. 
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Watched this last night. It had me in tears of laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLK1rt3v5cI
  • Options
    A State Funeral is being considered for him in Australia.  The last such honours were accorded Shane Warne and Olivia Newton-John.
  • Options
    I remember Sir Les going on the Parkinson show, with his usual jovial unapologetic character where the comedy was about lacking self awareness for his grossness (the basis of a lot of comedy, like Gervais in the Office). Anyway on entrance he shook Parkinson’s hand, at which point Parkinson let out a great big ‘eeeweh’ at what was on his hand, Sir Les said, never mind Michael, it’s just a bit of ointment, you should use an applicator but I never bother.
  • Options
    Can you believe that The Mail on Sunday are today running a story on “ The dark side of the dame”. The man has been dead for 24 hours and the hate filled shit wipe of a paper can’t even wait a respectable amount of time before releasing its bile. 
  • Options
    Can you believe that The Mail on Sunday are today running a story on “ The dark side of the dame”. The man has been dead for 24 hours and the hate filled shit wipe of a paper can’t even wait a respectable amount of time before releasing its bile. 
    Yes - I can believe it.

Another bit from a Parkinson that I remember laughing out loud at. A few minutes into the chat, Parky leaned over and put his hand on Sir Les' knee - as was his habit - and quick as a flash Sir Les said "I wouldn't put your hand there if I were you Parky, you might get a bit more than you bargained for...".  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Watched this last night. It had me in tears of laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLK1rt3v5cI
    "If you feel the urge, ask the concierge" PMSL

Sure I see a vicar in the audience......
  • Options
    lol go to 17:00 in on Stigs video 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Very sad news indeed.

I can remember driving with my wife in my car in the early nineties listening to him on the radio when he cracked a joke about Princess Diana. I was laughing so much I had to stop the car. My wife offered to drive but when she got behind the wheel she started to laugh uncontrollably. We just had to wait for about five minutes before we could move off safely.

RIP.
  • Options
    Saw his show many years ago .. his first comment to an opening ovation was ‘thank you I always like a warm hand on my opening’
  • Options
    Him doing sir Les Patterson, the cultural attaché used to fold me up

Gebuinely funny man rest in peace 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    I think it was very kind and charitable of the great Dame Edna Everage to take time to write a short piece about Barry Humphries in the Telegraph. 

It's common knowledge that they didn't get on, thanks to the tortuous financial constraints he put her under when he first signed her as an act. 

But it's wonderful to see that she was able to put that behind her and share her thoughts on his passing. 

This really tickled me. Brilliant