Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clothing donations

I recently retired from the city and find I have loads of shirts, ties and cuff links that I no longer need. I’ve been trying to find a way to donate them to prospective interviewees local to Greenwich but can’t find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    There’s a couple here that might be suitable. Great thing to do as well 👍🏻

https://www.suitedbootedcentre.org.uk/

• Options
    Thanks for that. I had found them. One is in Birmingham and the other north London. I was hoping to do something for locals. 
  • Options
    I recently retired from the city and find I have loads of shirts, ties and cuff links that I no longer need. I’ve been trying to find a way to donate them to prospective interviewees local to Greenwich but can’t find anything. Anyone got any ideas?
    Put them in the local Sally Army clothing bin. They should make good use of those items 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Put them in the local Sally Army clothing bin. They should make good use of those items 
    all my 'surplus' clothing, shoes, books, CDs. whatever bric-a-brac goes to the Salvation Army .. I am pretty sure they will be put to good use within  poorer UK communities and not sold on for a tidy profit, excluding being sold in 'charity shops' of course
  • Options
    there a lot of charity shops around on most high streets who would love these 
  • Options
    You could always try phoning "First Step Trust" in Woolwich to see if they would be interested.  Google them