Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Milton Keynes Dons Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 18th April 2023 : KO 7:45 Pm

Forgot until I checked today, MK ended our unbeaten home record last
October with a 0-2 win at The Valley, and after Ipswich, we will see how
we end up tonight, surely can't be another no show...can it...
Anyway lets see...

Leaburn returns to the starting line-up as one of four changes made by Manager Dean Holden for tonight's clash at MK Dons, also starts for Clare Sess and Payne..

Inniss serves the first game of his three-match suspension, Tyreece Campbell is absent with a slight niggle and Macauley Bonne also misses out.

Speaking to CharltonTV pre-match, Holden said: "Macauley Bonne misses out of the squad tonight. I had a chat with him yesterday and reminded him of his social media activities, so he's not with us tonight."

Ashley Maynard-Brewer starts between the sticks with Clare, who has missed the Addicks' last three outings with an ankle injury, joining Michael Hector, Terell Thomas and Sessegnon in a back four.

Skipper George Dobson, Albie Morgan and Scott Fraser continue in an unchanged midfield, behind a front three of Jes Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn and Payne, who returns following a one-match ban.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Hector, Thomas, Sessegnon; Dobson (c), Morgan, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Payne

Subs: Wollacott, Egbo, Kane, Mitchell, Henry, Kilkenny, Kanu

Comments

• I hate watching us against MK Dons. But I’ll be watching us against MK Dons.

I have an absolute irrational hatred towards Dean Lewington.

• edited April 2023
    Can't understand the Kanu thing, ideal time tonight to give him 90 minutes,  and as for Payne...🤷‍♂️...anyway here we go eyes down everyone...

One last chance to finally break him. I'm backing Jes
  • No surprise to see Bonne dropped after the Social Media comments - They dont bother me, but bit brainless given he wasn't really at fault for the Ipswich result, and did well against Burton.

Shame its Payne ahead of Kanu
    Yeah, I agree.  I guess Holden thought he had to do it, but what about dropping Fraser to put a rod up his backside and let him know his performance wasn’t up to standard?  Just using him as an example.  I know we don’t have many options but Payne could’ve come in for him and Kanu up top as you say.  For me, Bonne was the easy choice for Holden after his social media activity, but I feel it’s a token decision.  

Not that I’m particularly keen to have Bonne in the team, just pointing out it was the easy option 
  • Jesus. That line up 🙄. 2 strikers in a squad of 18, although JRS is our top goal scorer so he makes up for that I suppose. What fun it will be next season when we dont have him to rely on to score. 

MK are our bogey side. 

3-1 to the Dons.
  • Must say, not aware of Bonnes faux par, anyone enlighten me?
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 right backs on the bench and he plays Clare at right back - very strange.

Isn’t it because he’s ginger though? I wouldn’t say it’s that irrational.
  • Can't understand the Kanu thing, ideal time at home tonight to give him a full 90, let's see how he can perform, and Payne...🤷‍♂️...anyway here we go eyes down everyone...
    So you are at The Valley tonight to watch Kanu.  
    In which case 1-0 home win tonight😀

Best tell the coaches to come back now, making another match which will be missed,
    Perhaps with losing Inniss - DH has decided we need a taller bloke in the back line for defending set pieces etc.
  • where's Charlotte?
  • Ouch. No sugar coating why Bonne was dropped either.
    Good - set a precedent. No dickheads and definitely no numpties.
  • Have sound but no picture on screen. Anybody else?
    Perhaps with losing Inniss - DH has decided we need a taller bloke in the back line for defending set pieces etc.
    We could have 4 6-footers in defence and we'd  still be shit defending set pieces! Seems a waste at this time of the season when we should be giving game time to the likes of Egbo, Kane who've had hardly any game time and give the younger players a chance. Also annoyed he's sticking with the same old midfield - it's about time that was changed he must have already made his mind up about those 3.
  • What a lame looking bench
  • Sponsored links:

• Thank God, Dean’s not “throwing the toys out with the dish water”

• edited April 2023
    Can't understand the Kanu thing, ideal time at home tonight to give him a full 90, let's see how he can perform, and Payne...🤷‍♂️...anyway here we go eyes down everyone...
    So you are at The Valley tonight to watch Kanu.  
    In which case 1-0 home win tonight😀

Best tell the coaches to come back now, making another match which will be missed,
    Doh..cheers for that...😫😫😫
  • where's Charlotte?
    On the bench this evening. Good luck Charlotte.
    She’ll likely do better than Bonne would have…
  • Southbank said:
    Have sound but no picture on screen. Anybody else?
    Refresh your stream and you should get a picture. You might need to keep refreshing a few times.
  • I take it Macauley's chat with Holden didn't go well then. 
  • looking at MK team there overloading the mid agsinst our 3 and are using wing backs .. which we seen before will put extra pressure on our full backs .. 
  • Southbank said:
    Have sound but no picture on screen. Anybody else?
    Odd. I have picture but no sound
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!