Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Larne FC

The club from a small town on the Antrim coast became champions of the Northern Ireland Premiership last night. The first title in their history and the first for a club outside the "big hitters" from Belfast in over twenty years. Previously probably only really known as the team that produced Mal Donaghy, they are bankrolled by Purple Bricks co-founder, Kenny Bruce and have come from the second division to champions in five years. I have close mates from Larne, which is why I take and interest, by the way. Bruce had promised Champions League football within five years, and has kept his promise (mind you, it is a fair bit easier in NI - the figure of £5m is mentioned as his investment so far) - well CL qualifiers anyway.      

Comments

• Options
    What sort of attendances they get mate?
  • Options
    A couple of thousand I think, mate. 
  • Options
    Perhaps TS should have bought a Northern Irish club, would have been cheaper for him and much easier to achieve his European dream.
  • Options
    Minute he tried that guitar stuff on the pitch, it would have been grabbed & added to the annual bonfire.

Congratulations Larne FC 👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Well done beat my irish team Crusaders last night.