Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danger, Will Robinson

edited April 2023 in Not Sports Related
https://www.gov.uk/alerts
Coming to your phone, 23rd April at 3pm...

Comments

• Ok and

What is the issue with this seriously.

When it was first announced a couple of weeks ago all I saw was people on twitter saying oh big brother watching you again and I'm gonna be switching that off.

But seriously with everything going on in the world, floods, Wars whatever else might happen what is the issue with this.

During previous wars there were air raid sirens and 4 minute warnings this is just the modern day replacement for those, probably alot easier as well as majority of people have a smart phone so they can just press a button that sends a warning to all smart phones.

People who see something sinister in it are just looking for problems 
  • Oh dear, what nation of entitled jelly fish we've become.  Turn yer fucking phone off!
  • Some concerns have been raised about people in abusive relationships may have an emergency phone hidden away which will then be triggered.
  • Oh dear, what nation of entitled jelly fish we've become.  Turn yer fucking phone off!
    I think I read somewhere that this alarm activates your phone even if it’s switched off?
  • In settings on android.

I'll use the drawer then.
  • Setting/notifications/scroll to bottom.
    both alerts turn off. Sorted.