Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are you funnier or more likeable?

My LOLs exceed my likes by almost 2:1, which goes to show that I might be funny, but I'm not as likeable. 

Are you more likeable or funnier?

Comments

• Out of idle curiosity (actually this has been keeping me awake for weeks!!), why can’t you now see the exact number of likes and lols you have?  It’s only rounded up to the nearest hundred now.  One of the great mysteries of our time. 
  • Out of idle curiosity (actually this has been keeping me awake for weeks!!), why can’t you now see the exact number of likes and lols you have?  It’s only rounded up to the nearest hundred now.  One of the great mysteries of our time. 
    Go to your profile and hover with your mouse over the likes or LOL and you get the exact number. Not sure it works on a phone. Still, I'll give you another like, although LOL needs to catch up a bit.
  • More likeable than funny...

Although the lol!'s are probably people laughing at my opinions rather than finding me funny :D
  • My LOLs exceed my likes by almost 2:1, which goes to show that I might be funny, but I'm not as likeable. 

Are you more likeable or funnier?
    That also depends on whether your LOLs are because you have the sort of wit to make Oscar Wilde jealous, or because people think you are talking bollocks  ;)

As it happens my Likes exceed my LOLs, but both are high numbers reflecting
    a) My incredible intelligence and analytical mind
    b) My incredible wit, of the sort to make Oscar Wilde jealous
    c) I spend far too much time here, instead of doing something more productive with my life  :D
  • Just keep seeing flags.
  • About 2:1 - Likes:Lols
  • surely you cannot make any correlation on the figures without knowing the breakdown of serious to funny posts.

• Surely to determine how likeable or funny you are then you need a post to like/lol ratio.

I am at around 3 lols and 2 likes per post. 

Does this mean I am funnier than I am likeable? Or perhaps neither? We really need to take an average across the forum to provide a benchmark from which to judge.

As an aside, this is the kind of thinking that goes on when you work from home on a Friday!

• edited April 2023
    No one likes me and I don’t care…milllllll 🤓
  • edited April 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    surely you cannot make any correlation on the figures without knowing the breakdown of serious to funny posts.

Ronnie Moores LOL’s must be off the scale.🫢
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    surely you cannot make any correlation on the figures without knowing the breakdown of serious to funny posts.

Well this is definitely a serious post, so just assume your LOL's are not actually a laugh....
  • I'm Billy No Mates and everyone laughs at me rather than with me. Nothing different on here. 
  • edited April 2023
    22.3k posts, 15.5k likes, 32.8k lols.

4 @ promotes
    @Henry Irving.
  • Many lols are given in order to signify disapproval, I suspect, rather than amusement. 
    Likes tend to mean agreement with a point you were making rather than anything else. Unless it’s given to me, in which it means ‘ooh, you are awful, but I like you!’  

I’ll get me coat. 
  • I assume at least half the ‘lol’s’ are passive/aggressive sarky responses.
    There has been an increase since the flag option went away.
    I think it would massively help my enemies if there was an ignore option.
  • seth plum said:
    I assume at least half the ‘lol’s’ are passive/aggressive sarky responses.
    Who said this?
  • About 2:3 ratio likes:lols.

I like to think that people find my acerbic wit irresistible but I could be wrong.
    It would be nice if there was a way to distinguish between people thinking you were amusing or treating you with derision.
  • seth plum said:
    Control what’s within our own grasp. If you didn’t see others as enemies then that might be a good starting point Seth
  • I appear to be twice as likeable as I am funny. Quite like the internet world as in the real one, I seem to be neither! 
  • seth plum said:
    Of course I lol’d 😄
  • Sponsored links:

• I've always thought there should be a dislike button as well, I think I'd be way ahead in those stakes, considering how many people I've rubbed up the wrong way in my CL career.

Astonishingly, I'm marginally more likeable, despite my renowned wit being legendary!
  • seth plum said:
    do you say something?
  • edited April 2023
    22.3k posts, 15.5k likes, 32.8k lols.

4 @ promotes
    @Henry Irving.
    Just had a look at what you got your promotes for mate. Think  @Henry Irving  needs to demand an inquiry 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

• My likes exceed my lol's by nearly 14:1. Not sure what that says
    Go to your profile and hover with your mouse over the likes or LOL and you get the exact number. Not sure it works on a phone. Still, I'll give you another like, although LOL needs to catch up a bit.
    Ah.  thank you on both counts kind sir.  I appear to be 2:1 likeable to funny.  That works for me.
    Ah.  thank you on both counts kind sir.  I appear to be 2:1 likeable to funny.  That works for me.
    .Well done Jim. I am 7-1 likable to funny. Does that mean I'm a boring old fart?
    .Well done Jim. I am 7-1 likable to funny. Does that mean I'm a boring old fart?
    Well, I didn't want to say;)
    From Norwich, 7 fingers on 1 hand?
  • redman said:
    My likes exceed my lol's by nearly 14:1. Not sure what that says
    Don't take to the stage!