Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can anyone identify these cars?

A mate of mine in Thailand has two (surprisingly) dumped cars near his house. Can anyone identify the makes and models of these cars before the undergrowth eats them?

Comments

• Wild guess the top one is French maybe a Citroen, haven't a clue what the bottom one is.
  • Bottom one looks really sad, I'd go with a scimitar.
  • edited April 2023
    Looks like a job for Wheeler Dealers...just needs a bit of TLC...😉
  • A few days ago I stumbled across a car on the interweb that I had never seen before, which was a shock, because I am pretty good on cars

Anyone know what this and what it was based on - I think it’s a cracker 

• A few days ago I stumbled across a car on the interweb that I had never seen before, which was a shock, because I am pretty good on cars

I don’t recognise it but would guess it’s a kit car.

It's a Unipower, don't think it's based on another car but used the BL A series engine.
  • Sponsored links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unipower_GT

It's a Unipower, don't think it's based on another car but used the BL A series engine.
    We have a winner - albeit I suspected you would be the one to get it @DaveMehmet - used a fair few BMC components, as well as the Cooper engines

I think it’s a beauty - found the owners club website - decent one costs north of £75k these days 😳
  • got to love Charlton Life!
  • Thanks, everyone for your efforts....

Reminds me of a Jensen?

Reminds me of a Jensen?

The front has some similarities with the Healy as it does with the Elan Plus 2 (minus the pop-ups). The RML short wheelbase is a bit of a looker too!

• bobmunro said:
    A few days ago I stumbled across a car on the interweb that I had never seen before, which was a shock, because I am pretty good on cars

Reminds me of a Jensen?

The front has some similarities with the Healy as it does with the Elan Plus 2 (minus the pop-ups). The RML short wheelbase is a bit of a looker too!

I think it was the sloping back that brought the Jensen to mind.
  • Front looks like an Austin Healy and the back end reminds me of a GT6

• The first image is, I believe, a FIAT 1100 ELR delivery truck.
    Is it ULEZ compliant?
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    A few days ago I stumbled across a car on the interweb that I had never seen before, which was a shock, because I am pretty good on cars

Reminds me of a Jensen?

I think it was the sloping back that brought the Jensen to mind.
    Ah - the Interceptor. Yes, I see that.

• LenGlover said:

Reminds me of a Jensen?
    Looks a bit quicker than dear old Claus
    The two in the original post look a bit quicker than dear old Claus but oh to have a player now even half as good as Claus was. Superb player.
  • The American pickers would be all over these. 
  • edited April 2023
    The front of the Unipower reminded me of an old Corsair 

• The first image is, I believe, a FIAT 1100 ELR delivery truck.
    Is it ULEZ compliant?
    It will be as it's over 40 years old and exempt

We have a winner - albeit I suspected you would be the one to get it @DaveMehmet - used a fair few BMC components, as well as the Cooper engines

I think it’s a beauty - found the owners club website - decent one costs north of £75k these days 😳
    Are you going to the Masters at Brands Hatch on 27th/28th May this year mate? My car's been selected for the special display for the MG 100 anniversary. They've also got displays for the Triumph 100, 75 of Porsche & Lotus and Ford 120.
  • edited April 2023
    On a similar theme - can anybody tell me what car this 1968 design developed into?

• MuttleyCAFC said:
    On a similar theme - can anybody tell me what car this 1968 design developed into?

Austin Allegro
  • It was designed by Harris Man and you can also see another of his designs in there, the Austin Princess.
  • edited April 2023
    Correct and if you look at the details of how that design turned into the final Allegro, you will see what was wrong with the British car industry. They decided to make it dumpier to fit the engine and gearbox and they decided not to give it a hatch back because it may have taken sales away from the Austin 1100 range. That and a that will do attitude to quality control.Harris Mann was a great designer and the Princess had many innovations seen in more modern cars.