Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich contact EFL regarding referee for Saturday

I see Ipswich have been in contact with the EFL regarding our referee for Saturdays game James Bell. 

He is a Sheffield Wednesday fan so they believe he should not be reffing Ipswich games so close to end of season with automatic promotion battle 

Comments

• Options
    Massive decision for the EFL. 
  • Options
    Wait til they see who’s Lino. Better get the gumshields ready
  • Options
    Good job the ECB haven't realised that Martin Saggers played for Kent otherwise he might not be umpiring their current game.
  • Options
    Getting their excuses in early…
  • Options
    I am led to believe James Bell has been taken off the game and replaced by Samuel Barrott who is a league 1 referee set to be promoted at the end of the season. 

Took charge of our away match at Port Vale 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he wears blue boots we should complain to EFL (Ever Fucking Ludicrous).
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I think this makes sense as we wouldn't be happy if the ref makes poor decisions against us following Ipswich's statement. Nor their automatic promotion rivals. It was a no win situation.
  • Options
    Keith Stroud openly admitted he disliked Charlton after he blamed Charlton fans for damage to his car but he still was given our games to ref .. we never won any !!
  • Options
    Makes sense really. If we were in Ipswich's position i'm sure we wouldn't want a fan of a promotion rival reffing the game.

Having said that you'd hope the ref would be professional enough to not have any bias. He reffed a Plymouth game 3 weeks ago and sent off one of the opposition (Accrington) players so doesn't seem like he is biased.
  • Options
    Should have brought our old mate Trevor Kettle out of retirement for this one.
  • Options
    Talk about paranoia, they are gonna lose anyway....🙄
  • Options
    Talk about paranoia, they are gonna lose anyway....🙄
    TBF, this has probably now jinxed Ipswich for this match
  • Options
    We were abjectly shameful away at Ipswich last season.
    I wonder if Holden saying Leaburn hasn’t trained all week is part of the mind games.
    Whatever, I hope it isn’t pathetic surrender such as a year ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope the new ref drafted in hates the colour blue and loves Home Alone films
  • Options
    I'm expecting the new ref to drive to the game on a tractor
  • Options
    fair enough, if we were facing Millwall and it was known that the ref was a Lions fan, how many on here would thing that was kosher ?
  • Options
    fair enough, if we were facing Millwall and it was known that the ref was a Lions fan, how many on here would thing that was kosher ?
    That's not the scenario though, as he's not a supporter of the opposition team on the day, something which I assume wouldn't be allowed.

The equivalent of the Ipswich moan would be Man City playing Brighton, and objecting to the ref because he supports Arsenal.
  • Options
    Be f**king hilarious if the new referee is a Norwich fan
    Well he’s not going to be in a good mood if so ...
  • Options
    How does anyone really know who James Bell supports? Maybe he says that he supports Sheffield Wednesday but it's just a cover. 
  • Options
    Only posting so we have 3 in a line......😉