Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion | Easter Monday 10th April 2023 | KO 3.00 PM

Comments

• Oops.

AMB tries to claim a ball over the heads of a few players but can't hold onto the ball and Burton loop the ball into an unguarded net.

2-1

And that's half time.
  • Of course
  • Can’t blame anyone else there Ashley. 
  • No clean sheet win then. 

• 45+2' Goal for Burton, scored by Hughes. #cafc  #bafc 2-1
  • Barnsley 2-0
  • HT 2-1
  • Oh s**t.

And I spent hours laughing at MacGillivray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Meh it happens... What I dont like is when it happens on a consistent basis
  • I find Steve Brown increasingly nauseating to listen to.
    I'm not sure nauseating is the right word but he sure talks too much.
  • HT 2-1, fluky gift gives them a goal far from deserved, and second half should be no problem for another couple from us second half
  • Chunes said:
    Nobody gifts a soft goal like us
    I think they probably do, our second today was pretty bloody soft too, but those teams will
    also be nowhere near the promotion shake up. 
  • Of course
    Story of our season really. Can’t keep a clean sheet, give away a sloppy goal, whole complexion of the match changes.  

I’ve lost count of many times has it happened.

Hopefully we can get back on the front foot second half, as we were very much in control of the game. 

• edited April 2023
    Notts County have the lead dead on HT... John Bostock... 0-1

Great but questionable free kick... Wrexham maybe should have had a penalty in the First Half
  • Terrible mistake by AMB … he not had a thing to do all 46 mins then does that 
    Now he given them  something to play for ..
  • Wouldn’t be Charlton without a clanger!
  • Ashley, Ashley, Ashley. Dear oh dear oh dear.

You're a 6ft-plus Aussie from a football-mad part of the country. If you can't claim a ball over a pack of players like that it's no wonder you're playing soccer for us instead of footy for West Perth.

You should have just cleared out everyone in front of you and caught that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Too many individual mistakes throughout the season. Hope it doesn’t cost us the win.
  • Dominant first 45 ruined by AMB...
  • Decent half ruined by AMBs fumble to gift them a goal.

It will be a tricky next twenty unless we can extend the lead before then.

JRS causing havoc when he wants to be involved. Morgan pulling the strings but he has lashed out a couple of times so I hope he's not looking for a red ..

TC over doing it when early passes would have been better. Fraser looks good too.  Defence all okay with a rusty Egbo.

COYA!
  • Oh, and no offsides first half for Bonne!
  • Let's hope the Aussie fielders this summer also have butter fingers
  • edited April 2023
    Chunes said:
    Nobody gifts a soft goal like us
    I think they probably do, our second today was pretty bloody soft too, but those teams will
    also be nowhere near the promotion shake up. 
    I can't see how our second compares to a keeper dropping the ball? Well worked run and through ball by Fraser to JRS. Decent goal for me

You're right, maybe other teams in the relegation dogpile do gift easy goals. Should have said no decent teams gift soft goals like us!
  • Wouldn’t be Charlton without a clanger!

They’re not wearing the right kit!
  • We just need to start the second how we started the first half, no reason why we can't push on and put this game well and truly out of sight for Burton...kicking towards The Covered End...
  • Young players make mistakes, I would be more concerned about how we started conceding so much space for the last 15 mins. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!