Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clean Sheets - & Clean Sheet Wins This Season?

Now i do love a clean sheet, gets the juices flowing, was particularly happy when we scored 6 on Saturday to manage to keep a clean sheet.
How many are we up to so far for the season, (and clean sheet wins as well).

And how many do we normally get in a season, i know Nige wanted 25, a while back, well that didn't happen, but is that what we're going to need to get out of this division?

Comments

• Options
    Our clean sheet last weekend took us up to 8 for the season, which is the joint 5th worse. Out of those 8 clean sheets 5 have been clean sheet wins.

We kept 18 clean sheets in the season we went up under Bowyer.

As I have been banging the drum for a while, our ability to score has not really been our issue this year. But our ability to not concede has.

I make it 6 clean sheet wins and 2 0-0 draws.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Our clean sheet last weekend took us up to 8 for the season, which is the joint 5th worse. Out of those 8 clean sheets 5 have been clean sheet wins.

We kept 18 clean sheets in the season we went up under Bowyer.

As I have been banging the drum for a while, our ability to score has not really been our issue this year. But our ability to not concede has.

I make it 6 clean sheet wins and 2 0-0 draws.

I’m going from this on the whole. Skimmed the results and only counted 5, so expect you are correct on CSWs.

https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/clean-sheets-table

• Options
    I think the bigger indicator for us of success in each match is if we score first or not. When we do, we invariably take points and often win. If we concede first, we are done for.
  • Options
    Interesting that we are 11th in the goals conceded table, but 19th in the clean sheet table. We consistently let in goals, but rarely get heavily beaten. 8 1-1 draws for example.
  • Options
    Derby 1-0, Pompey 3-0, Shrewsbury 0-1, Barnsley 2-0, Forest Green 0-1, Shrewbury 6-0.
    Lincoln and Peterborough away both 0-0.
  • Options
    What a coincidence, I’ve just washed mine today, perfect timing;)
  • Options
    Only 7 on LL's statbank! 
  • Options
    Another game without a clean sheet *sigh*.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Only 9 league clean sheets for Charlton last season which was theirlowest amount since the 2019/2020 relegation back to League One. (Also 9 that season) 

Get it right at the back and you are halfway there and takes the pressure off the strikers to score 2 or more goals to get 3 points 

It’s no coincidence that the club record of 20 resulted with promotion on 3 different occasions with another 3 gained with a minimum of 15 shutouts. 

League games only.

20: 80/81, 97/98 and 11/12
    18: 18/19 
    17: 1924/1925 & 2020/2021
    16: 99/00 & 2021/2022
    15: 85/86, 92/93, 09/10 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn’t pin your hopes on that many this season either. 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t pin your hopes on that many this season either. 
    Then it don’t bode well for this season then re a promotion charge unless we can improve on that 
  • Options
    Thought this was a thread for us bedwetters.

Disappointed.
  • Options
    What’s a “win” ?
  • Options
    So is that prophetic that we’ll finally manage 17 clean sheets in 24/25 to get out of this crap league? Carlisle away in April 25 and I might start believing. 
  • Options
    So is that prophetic that we’ll finally manage 17 clean sheets in 24/25 to get out of this crap league? Carlisle away in April 25 and I might start believing. 
    Amended to make it look a better picture 
  • Options
    1 clean sheet in 4 games so far, doesn’t bode well for the season, cmon Charlton turn into Scrooges… give nothing away!