Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD ; Charlton Athletic Vs Shrewsbury Town : Saturday 1st April 2023 : KO 3.00Pm

Feeling my usual glass half full with this one, and with a BIG win, we could even hit the 
heady heights of 11th, would be good to do a double and another 1-0 (or better) to match
the away day win last October thanks to a JRS second half strike...so here we go then...

Terell Thomas returns to the starting line-up as Dean Holden makes one change.

The Saint Lucian international comes into the XI to start at left-back, with Steven Sessegnon moving to the bench, while Joe Wollacott returns to the matchday squad.

Thomas joins Sean Clare, Ryan Inniss and Michael Hector in a back four ahead of Ash Maynard-Brewer.

Skipper George Dobson, Albie Morgan and Scott Fraser continue in midfield, behind a front three of Jes Rak-Sakyi, Miles Leaburn and Tyreece Campbell.

Sessegnon and Wollacott are joined on the bench by Zach Mitchell, Aaron Henry, Jack Payne, Macauley Bonne and Daniel Kanu.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Inniss, Hector, Thomas; Dobson (c), Morgan, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Campbell

Subs: Wollacott, Mitchell, Sessegnon, Henry, Payne, Bonne, Kanu

Would have been good to see Kanu start alongside Leaburn and Campbell

Comments

• Does anybody know if this is the youngest front 3 in the EFL, or indeed the youngest Charlton have ever had?
  • Kilkenny and Penney cant even get in the matchday squad. Lol
  • Kilkenny and Penney cant even get in the matchday squad. Lol
    Only because their names rhyme some of the time.

• I wish Thomas would hurry up and sell the club.

So we don't have to hear that wretched dirge.

• Thank God it's stopped. Scottie's on now.

• edited April 2023
    Great to see Lisbie "filling in" for Brownie who is away on his hol's, and def an upgrade...and he still looks fit, if he has his boots with him....
  • Would rather see what Henry can do from the start than Morgan who we already know what he does, or doesn't, offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope we don't stick with the "obvious" starting line up for the rest of the season, we need to see as many youngsters and what they can do before next season...
  • Is there no live stream? Not shown as a option on the TV page.
  • Is there no live stream? Not shown as a option on the TV page.
    Great in France grumpy..😉

• After missing last week's match due to holiday commitments I'm back for this one ... although I seem to have misplaced my enthusiasm, I can't find it anywhere.

Prediction: yeah, whatever. Just end the bloody season.
  • Very much needing the cricket season to come along and rescue me. As it is I'm heading over, with half a mind to see if I can grab some whelks first 
  • Slightly disappointed to see Thomas back in front of Sess, but can understand it. Will add extra height to defending set pieces thankfully.

Hope we can build on the good bits from last week. A clean sheet would be nice! Pretty please?

COYA!
  • Interesting montage and poem on our previous highs and lows, and yes, there is no place like home at The Valley, just need to get those good days back...
  • Shame no Egbo again, was hoping he'd get a few games in this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Those three clean sheets came against Derby (1-0), Portsmouth (3-0) and Barnsley (2-0).
  • Well, who wants a Bhaji Burger, Curbs and Lisbie look less than impressed...😉
  • Well, who wants a Bhaji Burger, Curbs and Lisbie look less than impressed...😉
    Can only laugh at Curbs looking helpless with grease all over his hands and looking desperately for someone to give him something to wipe his hands on!
  • Doesnt sound right that Miles is the highest ranked teenager (in terms of Goal involvements) in the Football League this season - His numbers are impressive, but makes me wonder if there are a lack of teenagers getting opportunities in forward roles?
  • What a lovely, well rounded young man Miles Leaburn came over in that interview.
  • Doesnt sound right that Miles is the highest ranked teenager (in terms of Goal involvements) in the Football League this season - His numbers are impressive, but makes me wonder if there are a lack of teenagers getting opportunities in forward roles?
    Or maybe every other team has a functional striker who isn't a teenager 
  • edited April 2023
    Leuth said:
    Doesnt sound right that Miles is the highest ranked teenager (in terms of Goal involvements) in the Football League this season - His numbers are impressive, but makes me wonder if there are a lack of teenagers getting opportunities in forward roles?
    Well only seven teams in League One alone have scored more than us.

So find that questionable - Of the teams that have scored less than us as a team, only Aaron Collins (Bristol Rovers), and Alfie May (Cheltenham Town) have scored more than Miles.
  • Great to hear that Miles is the youngest player in all four leagues to reach 10 goals, and hearing he is after his dads tally of 16, wouldn't bet against that one either...
  • edited April 2023
    Leuth said:
    Doesnt sound right that Miles is the highest ranked teenager (in terms of Goal involvements) in the Football League this season - His numbers are impressive, but makes me wonder if there are a lack of teenagers getting opportunities in forward roles?
    Well only seven teams in League One alone have scored more than us.

So find that questionable
    That wasn't what I said! We've scored goals BECAUSE we have one functional forward. He happens to be a teenager. 
  • ross1 said:
    Could get a Charlton team out of that lot

Moore
    Phillips
    Shipley
    Flanagan
    Bowman
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!