Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Facebook

I may have posted this before if so sorry.But I would like advice on joining Facebook.just how safe is it scam wise .

Comments

• Options
    "u ok hun?"

yeah, don't bother. 

• Options
    edited March 2023
  • Options
    Thnks for advice I will not bother,pity.
  • Options
    Depends what you want it for, it can be useful. In saying that I am a dinosaur & don't have much knowledge of social media  :D
  • Options
    If it's for staying in touch with family and friends it's good. If it's for looking at anything else then it's a chimps tea party of the damned
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    I may have posted this before if so sorry.But I would like advice on joining Facebook.just how safe is it scam wise .
    Text me Luv........ xxx
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    depends on how you want to use it. I'm on it and have been for years, but simply as a way to be able to view facebook pages that interest me - I have one friend, but only because my wife was on my pc and she sent and accepted her own invitation. 

I've never uploaded a profile or posted on it, and have never accepted requests on anything. My only existence on Facebook is my name - other than that I'm a non entity and in that regards its pretty scam proof. Use it at this level and the upsides far outweigh any possible risk...
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Derek1952 said:
    Thnks for advice I will not bother,pity.
    Facebook is fine, it's mostly used by the over 35s for sharing memories. I'm not too sure why everyone is making fun of you. 

My only advice would be not to pay for anything in advance on Marketplace (should you chose to use this function)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was born in the back half of Derek's user name. So, I'm ancient. I was forced to join Facebook by my niece. Most of my relatives are a fair distance away. So it's good for keeping in touch with them, usually through the Messenger service.  I now have the grand total of over 40 friends lol. I've never felt that I was vulnerable to scams, etc.  The worst thing is the "suggested for you" pages.  For some reason beyond comprehension,  Facebook think I might be interested in Ronaldo and the scum he used to play for. 

I get far more use out of the LINE app, which is a  Japanese product developed after the earthquake and tsunami in 2011.  94 million Japanese (80% of the population) can't be wrong.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    If it's for staying in touch with family and friends it's good. If it's for looking at anything else then it's a chimps tea party of the damned
    You won't find a better description.
  • Options
    It’s a vile app . Leave well alone 
  • Options
    Fuckbook is shite.
  • Options
    It's inifinitely less cunty than Twitter, but cunty nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    It's inifinitely less c***y than Twitter, but c***y nonetheless.
    Linkedin is king c***.

Linkedin is also a king c*** you cannot shake off.

Still getting messages and i have not used it for decades!!!
  • Options
    I'm not attached to Facebook but it has been a useful tool to re-connect to people. For example, last week I went to watch an old school friend play in a band that I hadn't seen since we last played together some 45 years ago. There's also a couple of sporting groups that I belong to. It's not difficult to ignore the rest of it. 
  • Options
    I use it (not very often) for selling stuff and for 'general interest' .. not much I do can be scammed